Air Fryer Broccolini is a super easy side dish and pairs great with any protein! Whether you follow a keto diet or not, anyone can appreciate having perfectly cooked broccolini in less than 10 minutes!
- Air Fryer Broccolini
- Why you'll love this easy Air Fryer Broccolini Recipe
- Tips and Tricks
- How to Cook Broccolini in Air Fryer
- How to Store
- How to Reheat
- What to Serve with Broccolini
- What is broccolini
- More Air Fryer Recipes to try
- Air Fryer Broccolini
Air Fryer Broccolini
I love making air fried broccolini! It's so much better than regular broccoli in my opinion! I feel like you get so much more out of them because you eat the entire stalk unlike broccoli.
I mean you an eat the stalk on broccoli but it's super tough and you have to cook it down into like a soup to make it palatable.
I've been completely obsessed with air frying vegetables! I've already made Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts, Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash, Air Fryer Peppers and Onions, Air Fryer Parmesan Asparagus and Air Fryer Frozen Brussel Sprouts.
Since traveling in my Cedar Creek RV more I've really started to appreciate my Air Fryer, Blackstone and Instant Pot. So be on the lookout for a bunch more recipes!
This broccolini recipe uses basic ingredients, but has a nice crispy texture and has a delicious lemony garlic flavor! It's shown below with this broiled chicken thigh recipe.
Why you'll love this easy Air Fryer Broccolini Recipe
- Low in carbs! This broccolini recipe is good if you're following a keto diet. It has just 1g net carbs per serving and 5g total carbs per serving.
- Quick and Easy! With only 6 simple ingredients and cooked in just 7 minutes, it can't get much easier than that!
- Pairs with most proteins! This broccolini is served above with my easy broiled chicken thighs recipe.
Tips and Tricks
This easy air fryer lemon and garlic broccolini recipe is cooked al dente. If you like yours cooked more on the done side, add a few more minutes to the cooking time.
If you do decide to eat your broccolini as a snack as I have done on many occasions, sprinkle with a little bit of shredded parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon. You'll thank me later.
- broccolini: washed and trimmed, I used the pre-packaged kind that has already been washed
- oil: Olive oil or avocado oil
- lemon juice: I prefer fresh squeezed, but the bottle kind will work in a pinch too
- seasonings: fresh garlic, kosher or coarse sea salt, black pepper
How to Cook Broccolini in Air Fryer
You can either use the bunch of broccolini that's near the heads of broccoli in the produce section or you can get the broccolini that comes in the ready to eat bag. I opted for the bag version because 1) it's all that was available, 2) it's already been washed, dried and stems cut so less work for me!
- In a large bowl add your broccolini.
- Then add the olive or avocado oil, fresh lemon juice, minced garlic (I use this garlic press - best kitchen gadget ever!), salt (I use kosher or coarse sea salt because I like big chunks of salt), and ground pepper
- Toss the broccolini with your hands until they're evenly coated.
- Next put them in the air fryer basket in a single layer (You don't have to spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with oil). Cook at 390F for 5-6 minutes.
- If you're feeling a little bit fancy you can top it with some fresh lemon zest. Enjoy your perfectly crisp vegetables!
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container.
So you're going to see quite a few recipes out there that cook it longer than 6 minutes. I don't know why because at the 6 minute mark mine were already getting charred on the edged so I'd highly recommend not cooking longer than 6 minutes because broccolini cooks up quick.
Unless you like your veggies burnt or extra crispy, then by any means cook it longer! Any way you like it, this makes for a delicious side dish! It's also a naturally gluten-free recipe!
You can substitute avocado oil for olive oil, bottle lemon juice for fresh squeezed lemon, garlic powder for fresh minced garlic, sea salt for kosher salt. If you want to add a little flair, try adding in some crushed red pepper flakes and sesame seeds!
How to Store
Store the leftovers broccolini in an airtight container (preferably glass) for 3-4 days. You most likely won't have any leftovers.
How to Reheat
Reheat the broccolini in the the Air Fryer by place it in the air fryer basket and cooking at 390 for 2-3 minutes. You can also reheat it on the stove top. Transfer broccolini to a pan and heat of medium high for 1-2 minutes until warm throughout.
What to Serve with Broccolini
This broccolini is a great addition to any main dish entree. It's a perfect quick side dish and very little cleanup!
If you like to meal prep, try pairing these with Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breast or Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Thighs. Or if you to serve it with an air fryer recipe, opt for this Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Thighs, Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon, or this Juicy Air Fryer Ribeye Steak.
If you're into carbs, you can also serve this with any of your favorite pasta dishes for a super easy side dish.
What is broccolini
Broccolini is a cross between traditional broccoli and Chinese broccoli. It's also known to some as "baby broccoli." Broccolini is actually a trade marked name in 1993 by Japan's Sakata Seed Corporation.
Broccolini vs broccoli
Not to be confused with broccoli, broccolini is still a part of the cruciferous family but it has much longer and thinner stalks and smaller florets than broccoli. Broccolini has a much less pungent taste than broccoli.
With the broccolini you eat the stems and the florets, unlike broccoli where most of the time the large stem is discarded and all you eat are the broccoli florets..
Broccoli rabe vs broccolini
Broccoli rabe has thicker stalks, bigger leaves and less florets than broccolini. Also the taste is completely different than broccolini or broccoli. Broccoli rabe is closer in taste and uses to mustard or turnip greens (you know that bitter taste), than either of the prior.
More Air Fryer Recipes to try
If you loved this air fryer best broccolini recipe ever - just kidding, but it is pretty darn good! Check out these air fryer hard boiled eggs, Air Fryer Tomatoes (Roasted or dehydrated), Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs and this Air Fryer T-bone Steak recipe.
Air Fryer Broccolini
- 8 ounces broccolini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- ½ lemon juice of half a lemon
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl add your broccolini
- Then add the olive or avocado oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and ground pepper
- Toss the broccolini with your hands until they're evenly coated
- Next put them in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook at 390F for 5-6 minutes.