This Air Fryer Ribeye Steak is a game changer! Simple ingredients and deliciously tender! Make a juicy medium rare ribeye in your air fryer!
- Air Fryer Ribeye Steak Recipe
- Why you'll love this air fryer steak
- Tips and trick to Air Fry Ribeye Steak
- Tools to make this easy air fryer steak recipe
- How to make the best air fryer steak
- What to serve with this Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
- How to store
- How to reheat
- Air Fryer Steak Recipe Video
- More Easy Air Fryer Recipes to try
- Readers Favorite Recipes
Air Fryer Ribeye Steak Recipe
Making a ribeye in the air fryer is incredibly easy!
I have to admit; I was totally skeptical at first about cooking a steak in the air fryer. I didn't want to ruin an expensive steak.
I had heard all the rumors that you could make perfect steaks in an air fryer, but it sounded too good to be true!
Thankfully I was adventurous enough to try it 2.5 years ago, and I've made countless steaks in the air fryer ever since! Some of my other favorites are these Air Fryer NY Strip Steaks, Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Ribeyes and this Air Fryer T-bone Steak,
Make a nice steak dinner with easy cleanup with your air fryer. No need to light up the grill to make a delicious ribeye steak! Perfect for Winter when you don't want to stand outside in the cold!
Why you'll love this air fryer steak
- Simple and Easy Recipe - just 3 ingredients that you can get at your local grocery store
- Paleo, Keto, Low Carb and Gluten Free recipe!
- Quick! Make a perfect steak in under 20 minutes
- Clean up is a breeze!
- Boneless Ribeye steak: my steak was about 1 ½ inches thick. If you have a thinner steak, you will want to reduce the cooking time by a few minutes. If you don’t, you may end up over cooking your steak.
- Seasonings: Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper. Or you can use your favorite steak seasoning.
- Optional toppings: grass-fed butter or compound butter, sautéed mushrooms, sautéed onions
Tips and trick to Air Fry Ribeye Steak
- To make sure you get that nice sear or char on your ribeye, be sure to preheat your air fryer for at least 5 minutes prior to cooking.
- To ensure you get that perfect medium rare inside, be sure to set your ribeye out and let it get to room temperature before placing it in the pre-heated air fryer basket.
- Use a meat thermometer to check for the level of doneness.
- Allow the steak to rest 5 minutes before cutting into it.
Tools to make this easy air fryer steak recipe
I have two air fryers, but the Cosori Air Fryer is my favorite! Also, you will need a meat thermometer to check your steak's internal temperature. It should read between 130-135F when you remove it from the air fryer basket.
How to make the best air fryer steak
- Set your ribeye out and let it come to room temperature.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390F for 5 minutes.
- Next, salt and pepper the steak on both sides.
- Then place the steak in the air fryer basket and cook for 6 minutes, flip the steak over and cook for an additional 6 minutes. This will result in a medium rare steak (130-135F).
- Next, open the air fryer basket and transfer your steak to a plate. Let the steak sit for 5 minutes before eating. Top with butter or desired toppings.
- If you don't have any ribeye steaks, you can use a sirloin, NY Strip or T-bone steak. Just make sure it's a thicker steak. The thickness of the steak determines the cooking time. Thin steaks will cook quickly and won't be medium rare at the stated cooking time.
- Or if you're a big fan of pre-made steak seasoning, you can use that instead of salt and pepper
Learn more about different cuts of meat in this post, New York Strip vs. Ribeye: How to Know Which is Right for You.
What to serve with this Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
I made air fryer parmesan asparagus right after I made this air-fried ribeye. It takes less than 10 minutes to make and occupies you while you're waiting to cut into your juicy steak!
If you're following a low carb, paleo or keto diet, non-starchy vegetables make for great side dishes! Below are some of my favorite side dishes for ribeye steak.
Personally, I've never grown accustomed to putting steak sauce on my steak. Butter or gorgonzola cheese all the way!
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
- Air Fryer Broccolini
- Zucchini on the Blackstone Griddle
- Air Fryer Frozen Brussel Sprouts
- Asparagus on the Blackstone Griddle
- Sautéed Cast Iron Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
How to store
Store any leftovers in a glass airtight container for up to 5 days. If you're like me, there won't be any.
But if they are, why not make this Leftover Steak Breakfast. Or chop it into small pieces and make steak tacos with the leftover ribeye steak.
How to reheat
I love to reheat my steak in an air fryer! Cook for 2-3 minutes at 390F.
Air Fryer Steak Recipe Video
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes to try
If you loved this deliciously juicy ribeye steak in the air fryer, check out these other air fryer recipes.
- Easy Air Fryer Keto Meatballs Recipe
- Air Fryer Roasted Tomatoes
- Perfect Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Crispy Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
Air fryer Ribeye Steak
- 1 pound ribeye ~1 ½ thick at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 390F for 5 minutes. Salt and pepper the steak.
- Place the steak in the air fryer basket and cook for 6 minutes at 390F, flip the steak over and cook for an additional 6 minutes. This will result in a medium-rare ribeye steak.
- Open the air fryer basket and transfer your steak to a plate. Let sit for 5 minutes before eating. Top with butter or desired toppings.
Readers Favorite Recipes
Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower is a great low carb alternative to potatoes! These Cauliflower mashed potatoes are deliciously buttery! Also, this mashed cauliflower recipe is low in carbs and is a healthy side dish!
Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream comes out absolutely delicious in the Ninja CREAMi! You'll love it because it has minimal ingredients (no gums) and the texture is amazing!
Indulge in smoky perfection with this Traeger Smoked Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin. Juicy pork meets crispy bacon for a flavor explosion!
Discover the best sides for chicken thighs! From creamy garlic mashed potatoes to crisp garden salads. Explore the best options to enhance your meal with juicy chicken thighs.
Whether you're looking for keto ice cream recipes, protein ice cream recipes, or decadent ones, this post has you covered! Today I'm sharing the best Ninja Creami Recipes!
What is the difference between a Ribeye vs. NY Strip Steak? Juicy tenderness vs. bold flavor. Uncover the ultimate steak battle! When you walk into a grocery store with the word "steak" on your grocery list, how do you decide which steak to choose from? Let's decide between two very common cuts of steak: New...