This Air Fryer Ribeye Steak is a game changer! Simple ingredients and deliciously tender! Make a juicy medium rare ribeye in your air fryer!
- Air Fryer Ribeye Steak Recipe
- Why you’ll love this air fryer steak
- Tips and trick to Air Fry Ribeye Steak
- Tools to make this easy air fryer steak recipe
- How to make the best air fryer steak
- What to serve with this Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
- How to store
- How to reheat
- Air Fryer Steak Recipe Video
- More Easy Air Fryer Recipes to try
- Readers Favorite Recipes
Air Fryer Ribeye Steak Recipe
Making a ribeye in the air fryer is incredibly easy!
I have to admit, I was totally skeptical at first about cooking a steak in the air fryer. I didn’t want to ruin an expensive steak.
I had heard all the rumors that you could make perfect steaks in an air fryer, but it sounded too good to be true!
Thankfully I was adventurous enough to try it 2.5 years ago and I’ve made countless steaks in the air fryer ever since! I recently just made this air fryer T-bone steak as well!
Make a nice steak dinner with easy cleanup with your air fryer. No need to light up the grill to make a delicious ribeye steak! Perfect for Winter when you don’t want to stand outside in the cold!
If you love this air fryer steak recipe, you may also like this Blackstone Ribeye and this Bavette Steak.
Why you’ll love this air fryer steak
- Simple and Easy Recipe – just 3 ingredients that you can get at your local grocery store
- Paleo, Keto, Low Carb and Gluten Free recipe!
- Quick! Make a perfect steak in under 20 minutes
- Clean up is a breeze!
- Boneless Ribeye steak: my steak was about 1 1/2 inches thick. If you have a thinner steak, you will want to reduce the cooking time by a few minutes. If you don’t, you may end up over cooking your steak.
- Seasonings: Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper. Or you can use your favorite steak seasoning.
- Optional toppings: grass-fed butter or compound butter, sautéed mushrooms, sautéed onions
Tips and trick to Air Fry Ribeye Steak
- To make sure you get that nice sear or char on your ribeye, be sure to preheat your air fryer for at least 5 minutes prior to cooking.
- To ensure you get that perfect medium rare inside, be sure to set your ribeye out and let it get to room temperature before placing it in the pre-heated air fryer basket.
- Use a meat thermometer to check for the level of doneness.
- Allow the steak to rest 5 minutes before cutting into it.
Tools to make this easy air fryer steak recipe
I have 2 air fryers, but the Cosori Air Fryer is my favorite! Also, you will need a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of your steak. It should read between 130-135F when you remove it from the air fryer basket.
How to make the best air fryer steak
- Set your ribeye out and let it come to room temperature.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390F for 5 minutes.
- Next, salt and pepper the steak on both sides.
- Then place the steak in the air fryer basket and cook for 6 minutes, flip the steak over and cook for an additional 6 minutes. This will result in a medium rare steak (130-135F).
- Next, open the air fryer basket and transfer your steak to a plate. Let the steak sit for 5 minutes before eating. Top with butter or desired toppings.
- If you don’t have any ribeye steaks, you can use a sirloin or T-bone steak. Just make sure it’s a thicker steak. The thickness of the steak determines the cooking time. Thin steaks will cook quick and won’t be medium rare at the stated cooking time.
- Or if you’re a big fan of pre-made steak seasoning, you can use that instead of salt and pepper
What to serve with this Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
I actually made air fryer parmesan asparagus right after I made this air fried ribeye. It takes less than 10 minutes to make and occupies you while you’re waiting to cut into your juicy steak! You could also serve it with these Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts to keep it a low carb meal.
If you’re following a low carb, paleo or keto diet, non-starchy vegetables make for great side dishes! Below are some of my favorite side dishes for ribeye steak.
Personally I’ve never grown accustomed to putting steak sauce on my steak. Butter or gorgonzola cheese all the way!
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
- Air Fryer Broccolini
- Zucchini on the Blackstone Griddle
- Air Fryer Frozen Brussel Sprouts
- Asparagus on the Blackstone Griddle
- Sautéed Cast Iron Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
How to store
Store any leftovers in a glass airtight container for up to 5 days. If you’re like me there won’t be any.
Just in case there are, how about a nice steak and eggs in the morning. Or chop it up into small pieces and make steak tacos with the leftover ribeye steak.
How to reheat
I love to reheat my steak in an air fryer! Simply cook for 2-3 minutes on 390F.
Air Fryer Steak Recipe Video
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes to try
If you loved this deliciously juicy ribeye steak in the air fryer, check out these other air fryer recipes.
- Easy Air Fryer Keto Meatballs Recipe
- Air Fryer Roasted Tomatoes
- Perfect Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Crispy Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
Air fryer Ribeye Steak
- 1 pound ribeye ~1 ½ thick at room temperature
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 390F for 5 minutes. Salt and pepper the steak.
- Place the steak in the air fryer basket and cook for 6 minutes, flip the steak over and cook for an additional 6 minutes. This will result in a medium rare steak.
- Open the air fryer basket and transfer your steak to a plate. Let sit for 5 minutes before eating. Top with butter or desired toppings.
Readers Favorite Recipes
How to Roast Spaghetti Squash
You’ll love how easy it is to make Roasted Spaghetti Squash. Spaghetti squash is a delicious low carb side dish and a great alternative to pasta. It’s simply seasoned with salt, pepper, butter and parsley.
Sesame Salmon Bowl
Sesame Salmon Bowls are a delicious and healthy dinner idea. It takes under 15 minutes to make start to finish! The sesame dressing adds tasty nutty flavor to this dish.
Air Fryer Zoodles
If you are looking for a low carb pasta option, this Air Fryer Zoodle recipe is for you! Have deliciously tender zoodles in just 5 minutes.
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs and Rice
Make tender chicken thighs and fluffy rice at the same time with your Instant Pot. These come out perfect every time! Have dinner ready in about 40 minutes with very little hands on time!
Air Fryer Furikake Salmon
Air Fryer Furikake Salmon is deliciously flaky and juicy. The Furikake seasoning gives the salmon a flavorful and crunchy topping. You’ll love the crispy salmon skin and that it’s ready in less than 15 minutes!
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
These Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs are fall off the bone tender! Bursting with flavor, these ribs taste like they were made at your favorite BBQ joint! Make the best pork ribs in under an hour with your pressure cooker.
Made this last night and it turned out amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this
I can’t believe I just made a ribeye in my air fryer! It’s heaven! Juicy and tender. I used a drip pan with roasted veggies on the rack below it in my air fryer oven. The drippings added flavor and caramelized around the vegetables. Ican’t wait to make this meal, again!
Such a great idea! Love it!
One of my favorite ways to cook ribeye! I used this recipe to prepare some thicker ribeye steaks in my Ninja air fryer, and they turned out AMAZING!
This was SO GOOD! My husband is a ribeye snob and he didn’t think these would be as good as they were. We were both happily surprised. We did the 6-6 minutes option for medium rare and they were perfect! Thanks for this awesome recipe!
So glad you both loved them!
I made this the other night and it honestly turned out so good! I can’t wait to make it again! Thank you for sharing this!
I always ruin steak but not this time! It came out just perfectly. I think preheating was the key. Thanks for the tip and recipe!
you’re welcome, so glad it came out great for you!
the cooking temp is the same as the pre-heat temp?
recipe didn’t said anything just 6 min and turn over and cook another 6 min…
Yes, pre-heat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 390F and then cook for 6 minutes, flip cook for 6 more minutes.