Enjoy crispy and delicious brussel sprouts in only 10 minutes with this air fryer recipe! Needing only six ingredients, this side dish is sure to grace your weeknight menu over and over again. These brussel sprouts are nutrient-rich, high in fiber, and are gluten-free!
- Fresh Brussel Sprouts in the Air Fryer
- Why you'll love this air fryer brussel sprout recipe
- Tips & Tricks for the best Air Fried Brussel Sprouts
- Tools to make this easy recipe
- How to Cook Brussel Sprouts in an Air Fryer
- Oven Directions
- What to serve with air fryer brussel sprouts
- How to store
- How to reheat
- More Brussel Sprout Recipes
- More Low Carb Vegetable Dishes to try
- PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Fresh Brussel Sprouts in the Air Fryer
Brussel sprouts are my all-time favorite go-to veggie! Their sweet and nutty flavor paired with their numerous potential health benefits make them the side dish of your dreams.
Sometimes brussel sprouts get a bad reputation. This is typically from a bitter flavor and strong sulfer smell that comes from over cooking the vegetable. Keep reading for tips on how to cook fresh brussel sprouts and keep them tasting sweet and delicious!
You can also cook frozen brussel sprouts in the air fryer as well!
Brussel sprouts are a member of the cruciferous vegetable family along with broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and kale. This explains why they are packed with fiber, vitamin K, vitamin C!
Why you'll love this air fryer brussel sprout recipe
- Easy Recipe - This recipe has simple ingredients that you can find in most grocery stores.
- Minimal Ingredients - With only 4 ingredients (plus salt and pepper) cooking brussel sprouts is simple and flavorful.
- Nutrient-Packed - Brussel sprouts are loaded with fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, and folate.
- Brussel sprouts - Choose bright green sprouts. Brown spots and yellow leaves can be signs of decay.
- Avocado oil - Avocado oil is a great option for cooking. You can also use another high heat cooking oil you have on hand.
- Garlic - fresh minced garlic tastes great in this recipe, but you can also use garlic powder if that is what you have available!
- Coconut aminos, tamari, or soy sauce - choose the ingredient that you already have on hand, or that best fits with your health goals or nutrition needs!
- Seasonings - salt and black pepper
Tips & Tricks for the best Air Fried Brussel Sprouts
- Choose bright green brussel sprouts. Brown spots and yellowing leaves can be a sign of decay.
- To prepare, cut the bottom "stem" off the brussel sprout and remove any wilted leaves.
- Overcooking (and especially boiling) can cause brussel sprouts to become bitter. Cook for 10 minutes or just until fork tender with crisp caramelized outsides.
Tools to make this easy recipe
- Air fryer - my favorite is this Cosori Air Fryer
- Garlic press - this garlic press speeds up so much time because you no longer need to mind garlic!
How to Cook Brussel Sprouts in an Air Fryer
- Cut the brussel sprouts in half. Transfer them to a bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Toss to evenly coat.
- Transfer sprouts to the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 390oF for 10 minutes, flipping halfway.
If you don't have an air fryer, you can also make this recipe in your oven. Just spread the prepared brussel sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast at 400oF for about 15 minutes or until fork tender with crispy caramelized outsides.
- In place of fresh brussel sprouts you can use frozen. Note that using these may change the texture of your finished product and increase the cook time.
- If you don't have fresh garlic you can use 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, or 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
What to serve with air fryer brussel sprouts
These brussel sprouts pair well with your protein of choice for a complete meal. If you'd like to stick to using the air fryer, try my Air Fryer T-Bone Steak, Air Fryer Ribeye, or Air Fryer Turkey Breast.
Some other great protein options are my Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs or Pork Chops on the Blackstone.
How to store
Refrigerate leftover brussel sprouts in an air tight container for up to one week.
How to reheat
Remove the lid from the container or transfer it to a microwave-safe plate. Microwave for 60-90 seconds on high.
If you want to reheat these in the air fryer, cook for 2-3 minutes at 390-400F.
More Brussel Sprout Recipes
If you love Brussel Sprouts, check out these other Brussel sprout recipes.
- Sautéed Cast Iron Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Blackstone Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Air Fryer Frozen Brussel Sprouts
- Bacon Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts
More Low Carb Vegetable Dishes to try
- Spicy Enoki Mushroom Recipe
- Blackstone Broccoli
- Air Fryer Broccolini
- Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Air Fryer Buffalo Tofu
Cooking brussel sprouts at too low a temperature can prevent them from getting crispy. That's why an air fryer is a great option if you're looking for crispy sprouts. When using the oven, roast brussel sprouts at a minimum 400oF and be sure to preheat your oven first!
A common cause of burning is over cooking or cooking at too high a temperature. Be sure to cook at 390-400oF and to flip the sprouts halfway through the cook time to make sure they cook evenly.
If you prefer that your brussel sprouts are softer in the center and still crispy on the outside, try soaking them in water for 10 minutes before cooking. If you'd prefer more of an "al dente" brussel sprout there is no need to soak them prior to cooking.
Yes. However, your brussel sprouts may not get the crispy outer layer without oil and they may be more likely to stick to your air fryer basket or baking sheet.
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- 16 oz Brussels halved
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon coconut aminos tamari or soy sauce
- Cut the brussel sprouts in half. Transfer them to a bowl.
- Add all of the ingredients. Coat evenly.
- Transfer to the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 390F for 10 minutes flipping half way.
- Flip the brussel sprouts halfway through the cook time (after about 5 minutes) to make sure they cook evenly.
- If you like them extra crispy instead of Al dente, cook them for a total of 15 minutes
Leave a Reply