Easy Instant Pot Beef Brisket is juicy, tender and flavorful! Don't wait hours in a slow cooker or smoker! This BBQ brisket is delicious with a dry rub and is perfect for weeknight dinners!
- Easy Instant Pot Brisket Recipe
- The Easiest BBQ Brisket Ever
- Ways to Eat Instant Pot Brisket
- How to Make Instant Pot Beef Brisket
- Can a Brisket be Overcooked?
- What Cut of Meat is a Brisket?
- How Long Does it Take to Cook a 2 Pound Brisket?
- What to serve with Instant Pot Brisket
- More Instant Pot Recipes to Enjoy
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Brisket Recipe
Easy Instant Pot Brisket Recipe
You are going to absolutely fall in love with this Instant Pot Beef Brisket recipe. The smoked paprika gives the illusion of hours spent slaving over your smoker! When in reality the Instant Pot can get this meal done in right around an hour.
But if you're looking to use your smoker, check out this delicious smoked pastrami recipe from my friend Kita.
Did you know your Instant Pot can make a delicious brisket in no time?
It can, and you totally should! I have to admit that even I was surprised when I first found out I didn’t need a smoker to make a deliciously juicy BBQ Brisket using only my Instant Pot
Pro Tip: If you are rushed for time you can always skip the marinating process. Just keep in mind that the longer it marinates the more flavorful the brisket will be.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot you can also use any other brand of pressure cooker to make these ribs. Instant Pot is just a brand name pressure cooker that has a lot of bells and whistles (most of which I don’t use, but I wouldn’t trade it in for anything else!)
The Easiest BBQ Brisket Ever
Who knew you could get the flavor of all day cooking in less than the time it takes to get ready for the day? This is a recipe I wouldn’t normally tackle because, let's be honest, who really wants to spend all day checking the temperature of a hunk of meat? Not me!
Ways to Eat Instant Pot Brisket
Main Dish: You can serve this meat as the main dish by cutting it into 1-inch thick slabs and serving it with your favorite side.
Shred it: You can shred the meat and serve on bread like potato buns or Texas Toast or even make delicious tacos or nachos.
Flat Bread: An easy and yummy way to use leftover brisket is to add it to your favorite flat bread recipe.
How to Make Instant Pot Beef Brisket
Combine all rub ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Rub down the brisket with the mixed spices, being sure to really coat the fat cap side.
Store the meat in a gallon bag or large glass container and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour to let marinate.
Add the avocado oil to the Instant Pot and heat on high sauté.
Sear the brisket, on the non-fatty side, for about 3 minutes, until it easily releases. Press cancel.
Add your beef broth to the Instant Pot, pouring it around the meat, being careful to not wash off the seasoning.
Cook on Manual High Pressure for 50 minutes, allowing a natural pressure release.
Remove your cooked brisket and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Can a Brisket be Overcooked?
Beef Brisket is a tough cut of meat, but if prepared and cooked the right way it can be very tender and almost melt in your mouth. The longer you cook this piece of meat the more tender it will become, however if you overcook it, it can become dry.
What Cut of Meat is a Brisket?
Beef brisket is a cut of meat that comes from the lower chest or breast section of a cow. Most commonly you will see it labeled at the grocery store as a flat cut.
How Long Does it Take to Cook a 2 Pound Brisket?
Normally it would take 2.5 hours to cook a 2 pound brisket in the oven, however the Instant Pot cuts that time in half. You are looking at 1 hour for prep and cook time when cooking this BBQ Beef Brisket in the Instant Pot.
- 2-2.5 pound beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- brisket dry rub
Brisket Dry Rub Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
What to serve with Instant Pot Brisket
Make this a meal! Pair it with the following low carb vegetable recipes.
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower rice
- Instant Pot Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
- Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans
More Instant Pot Recipes to Enjoy
If you loved this easy Instant Pot dinner recipe, you'll love these too!
- Low Carb Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Pressure Cooker Rump Roast
- Instant Pot Beef Ribs
- Low Carb Bacon and Cheese Cauliflower Soup
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breast
Easy Instant Pot Beef Brisket Recipe
- Instant Pot
Beef Brisket Rub
- 2.5 pound beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- Combine all rub ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Rub down the brisket, rubbing more on the fat cap side. Store in a gallon sized bag in the fridge. Let Marinate at least 1 hour.
- Heat avocado oil in Instant Pot on high Saute. Sear the brisket on the non-fatty side, about 3 minutes, until it easily releases.
- Press Cancel. Add beef broth around the meat to avoid washing off the seasoning. Cook on Manual High Pressure for 50 minutes.
- So a natural pressure release (takes about 15 minutes)