This Keto Broccoli Cheese Casserole is super rich and filling. It's a perfect keto casserole to bring to pot lucks or for family dinners.
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
If you are looking for a delicious, cheesy dish to bring to a pot luck then this Keto Broccoli Cheese Casserole is the perfect dish for you! It is packed with a mouth-watering cheesy flavor that will keep everyone returning for more!
A broccoli and cheese dish is a classic dish that is usually found around the table at family dinners, gatherings, and especially at holidays. This broccoli and cheese casserole is so easy to make and is perfect for any of those events.
Also, with it being a quick dish, you can easily make it ahead of time for any event and store it in the refrigerator. Keep reading below to find out how to store leftovers for this dish and how to this dish can be made in advanced and store it away until you need it.
Ingredients for Keto Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- red onion
- cream cheese
- heavy cream
- dijon mustard
- black pepper
- shredded cheddar
- mozzarella cheese
How to make Keto Broccoli Cheese Casserole
First you will preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Next, butter an 8x8 casserole dish and set aside. Then, bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil; add the broccoli and blanch for 1 minute, then drain well and place in a large mixing bowl.
Next, melt butter in a deep skillet over medium heat. Then saute the onions for about 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic.
You will then stir in the cream cheese until melted, and then stir in the heavy cream, mustard, salt, pepper, half of the cheddar, and the mozzarella. Once the cheese is melted, pour over broccoli and stir to coat.
Pour the contents into the prepared dish and top with the remaining cheddar. You will then bake the dish uncovered for about 15-20 minutes, until cheese is bubbling and golden.
What to eat with Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Casserole
This Keto Broccoli Cheese Casserole pairs well with any dish. If you are looking for more protein, then you could easily pair this with some of your favorite protein dishes.
If you desired, you could also try adding protein right to this recipe. You could try adding some chicken such as shredded or cubes chicken, as long as it is cooked. A rotisserie chicken from the store that was shredded or cubed could work great with this recipe or you could try adding this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken.
Listed below are some recipes for some delicious protein dishes that would go great with this broccoli and cheese recipe.
- Oven Roasted Chicken Thighs with Creamy Mustard Sauce
- Air Fryer 4 oz Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Medium Rare Ribeye Steak
How to store Low Carb Broccoli and Cheese Casserole Leftovers
Keto Broccoli and Cheese Casserole is a great dish to be enjoyed fully right away or it can even be saved to enjoy the rest another night. When storing any of you broccoli and cheese casserole away in the refrigerator, you want to make sure that you keep it in a airtight container.
If your baking dish has a lid, you may keep it in the baking dish to store it or if your dish does not have a lid, you can transfer it to another dish that has a lid. Broccoli and cheese casserole dish can be stored in your refrigerator for up to 5 days.
This is especially great if you were looking to make this dish in advance. You can make it ahead of time to have ready to take to your pot lucks or even just make it in advance to save for one of those busy week nights.
- Serve it with your favorite protein dish
- Use it for meal prep: make it in advance and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Try it with different types of cheeses
If you loved this broccoli and cheese casserole recipe, check out this roundup post with 15 other low carb vegetable recipes.
Other Recipes you might enjoy
- Instant Pot Cream of Broccoli Stalk Soup
- Low Carb Broccoli Cheddar Egg Muffins
- Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Instant Pot Keto Creamy Garlic Broccoli Mash
- Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Keto Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter an 8x8 casserole dish and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil; add the broccoli and blanch for 1 minute, then drain well and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in a deep skillet over medium heat. Saute onion 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic.
- Stir in the cream cheese until melted, and then stir in the heavy cream, mustard, salt, pepper, half of the cheddar, and the mozzarella. Once the cheese is melted, pour over broccoli and stir to coat.
- Pour the contents into the prepared dish and top with the remaining cheddar. Bake uncovered 15-20 minutes, until cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Leftover are good up until 5 days.
- This is perfect to bring for pot lucks and family gatherings.
- 6 grams total carbs, 1g fiber and 5g net carbs per serving