THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE INFO.
This Keto BBQ Sauce is just what your low carb diet has been missing! This is the best low carb BBQ sauce recipe I’ve created! It’s even better than store bought low carb barbecue sauce brands!
HOW TO MAKE KETO BBQ SAUCE
First you need to gather all of your BBQ sauce ingredients. Typical high carb barbecue sauces contain either sugar or high fructose corn syrup, but this low carb BBQ sauce is sugar free! This barbecue sauce uses stevia to give it it’s sweetness!
LOW CARB BBQ SAUCE ON THE STOVE
This low carb BBQ sauce recipe is super easy and made in one pot on your stove top.
The gist of it:
First you add the water and the tomato paste and cook until boiling. stir occasionally. Then add the rest of the ingredients, turn to low and let simmer and thicken a little.
Or….you can be super lazy like I am sometimes and just add all of the ingredients at once, let it boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and let it thicken.
I’ve done this recipe both ways and it still comes out good!
THE BEST KETO BBQ SAUCE RECIPE
Keto BBQ Sauce
This Keto BBQ Sauce is just what your low carb diet has been missing! This is the best low carb BBQ sauce recipe I've created! It's even better than store bought low carb barbecue sauce brands!
In a small saucepan add tomato paste and water.
Cook at medium heat until mixture is boiling.
Then turn to low.
Add the rest of the ingredients.
Cook for additional 2 min on low and then remove from heat and allow mixture to cool.
Store in fridge until ready to enjoy.
Now this low carb low sugar BBQ sauce recipe is tasty and with only 1g carbs per serving it’s probably the closest you’re going to find to a no carb BBQ sauce recipe.
This homemade low carb BBQ sauce would be perfect ribs! I just so happen to have the easiest Instant Pot Rib recipe on the planet! Check it out, you’re family is sure to love it!
I bet you could even put this on your favorite low carb vegetables.
I feel this quite simply is the best low carb BBQ sauce that I’ve ever whipped up…and I’ve been trying for a while now. If you don’t have time to make your own keto BBQ sauce, these are my favorite low carb BBQ sauce brands.
MY FAVORITE LOW CARB BBQ SAUCE BRANDS
- ALTERNA SWEETS – I met Misti and Jared (the owners) out in Austin last year at the first ever KetoCon. We may or may not have drank a few too many bottles of Dry Farm Wines (OMG THESE WERE AMAZING) while hanging out with a bunch of people from the conference. Not only are they amazing people but their products are great too! They put nothing but the best into their sauces. They not only have a great tasting low carb BBQ sauce, but they also have a low carb ketchup and a low carb spicy ketchup. Check out all of their Alterna Sweets Products on their website. ALSO, Misti and Jared stand behind their products and offer a 100% money back guarantee! So if you’re weird and you don’t like it they’ll give you your money back. It’s kind of a no brainer for me 🙂 PLUS, Misti and Jared gave me an Alterna Sweets coupon code to share with my readers. If you go to their website and use the coupon code “LARA5” you’ll get 5% off your order!
- G Hughes – This low carb barbecue sauce I found at my local Publix. On the plus, it is on the cheaper side and taste great, but it’s not made with the best ingredients. I don’t think many store bought keto barbecue sauces can really compete with Alterna Sweets ingredients!
- Guys Award Winning Sugar Free BBQ Sauce – So this one I found while on an amazon search. I have not personally tried it, but I think I might pick it up on my next amazon purchase.
- Walden Farms Barbecue Sauces – So, I’m not a huge fan of WFs products. Yes, they are really low in carbs but most of them are loaded up with food chemicals and preservatives, and the products are really hit or miss with their tastes.
- Simple Girl OrganicsBBQ Sauce – I have yet to try this brand either. They seem to have a variety of rubs and sauces available and have pretty good reviews too! May be another that I need to try!
Carbs in BBQ Sauce
While most store bought regular barbecue sauces have 15-20g of carbs per serving. My recipe and the brands above have less than 5g of carbs per serving! Don’t settle for bland food on a keto or low carb diet. Spice things up!