Instant Pot Low Carb Cauliflower Soup Recipe with Bacon and Cheese. A super easy and delicious keto cauliflower soup recipe which the entire family will love!
Even though it’s almost summer, I can eat soup any time of the year. Down here in Florida we really don’t have season’s but this low carb Instant Pot creamy cauliflower soup recipe is perfect for any time of the year.
- chicken stock
- heavy cream
- cheddar cheese
- parmesan cheese
- black pepper
How to Make Low Carb Cauliflower Soup in an Instant Pot
- First, chop all the vegetables except for the cauliflower and set them aside.
- Then, chop half of the cauliflower while grating the other half.
- Next, turn your Instant Pot to sauté mode.
- Add the bacon and cook it until crispy then carefully remove it and place it on some paper towels. Crumble bacon.
- Next, add the butter to the bacon fat in the Instant Pot. Let melt.
- Then add the grated cauliflower to help thicken the soup.
- After that, add the rest of the veggies & cauliflower and sauté for about 5 min.
- Next add the heavy cream and mix together.
- Then add the garlic, salt and pepper. Mix.
- After that, pour in the chicken stock. Mix well. Place the lid on the Instant Pot. Hit Manual, high pressure and set the timer to 15 minutes.
- After the timer goes off, allow the Instant Pot to natural pressure release. This is about 15 minutes.
- Once all of the pressure is gone, remove the lid from the Instant Pot. Next, add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the bacon back to soup.
More easy soup recipes you may like
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Cauliflower is low in carbohydrates and fits perfectly into a keto diet. A keto diet, combined with a calorie deficit and exercise regimen can cause weight loss. Other factors come into play with weight loss including hormone imbalances, food sensitivities and insulin resistance.
Some people say that cauliflower is a superfood. Cauliflower has compounds that can potentially ward off cancer and heart disease. Cauliflower is high in vitamins and minerals like many other vegetables, but it also contains sulfur rich compounds called glucosinolates. These are the compounds that are thought to have potential cardiovascular benefits and cancer prevention.
Yes! Cauliflower can make you gassy. This is because cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable. Some of the pros that offset this is that cauliflower is high in vitamin C and fiber.
pepper, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
1 cup of raw cauliflower cut into pieces has ~27 calories, 5.3g total carbs, 2.1g fiber, 3.2g net carbs, 0.3g fat, 2.1g of protein, 16mg of Magnesium, 320mg of Potassium and 32mg of Sodium.
If you love cauliflower, check out these other cauliflower recipes
- Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower Rice Spring Rolls
- Roasted Red Pepper Cauliflower Mash
Instant Pot Low Carb Cauliflower Soup Recipe with Bacon and Cheese
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/3 cup Carrots
- 1 cup of celery
- 32 ounce container of chicken stock
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/2 stick of butter.
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan plus a little more for garnish.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Chop veggies and sit aside.
- Chop half of the cauliflower while grating the other half.
- Using your instant pot turn to sauté.
- Cook bacon till crispy then remove.
- Add butter to the bacon fat.
- Add the grated cauliflower to help thicken soup.
- Add the rest of the veggies & cauliflower and sauté for around 5 min.
- Pour in cream and mix together.
- Add your garlic salt and pepper.
- Pour in chicken stock and set instant pot to 15 min.
- Allow to natural depressurize around 15 min.
- After opening lid add cheese and stir till melted.
- Add bacon back to soup.
What is an instant pot?
It is a brand name pressure cooker, but any pressure cooker will work 🙂
Dana Boccasini says
i have a power pressure cooker Xl will that work
Any pressure cooker will work 🙂
Nancy Hensley says
I’d love to be able to pin this!
Sorry about that, try now 🙂
Can this be made in a slow cooker?
It can! I would just use pre-cooked bacon and then do 6-7 hours on low.
This was my first ever meal made with my instant pot! One thing to any new instant pot users – the recipe says it only takes 30 minutes to cook but between the amount of time it took to saute the bacon, and the time it took to heat up for cooking the soup, it’s been well over an hour! Currently waiting for it to naturally depressurize. Can’t wait to taste it!
This recipe sounds delish! i was wondering if i could double recipe and then can it in jars for later use?