THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE INFO.
Instant Pot Low Carb Cauliflower Soup Recipe with Bacon and Cheese. A super easy and delicious keto cauliflower soup recipe which the entire family will love!
Even though it’s almost summer, I can eat soup any time of the year. Down here in Florida we really don’t have season’s but this low carb Instant Pot creamy cauliflower soup recipe is perfect for any time of the year.
Instant Pot Low Carb Cauliflower Soup Recipe Ingredients
Instant Pot Low Carb Cauliflower Soup Recipe Progress Photos
Low Carb Cauliflower Bacon Cheddar Soup
Instant Pot Low Carb Cauliflower Soup Recipe with Bacon and Cheese
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/3 cup Carrots
- 1 cup of celery
- 32 ounce container of chicken stock
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/2 stick of butter.
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan plus a little more for garnish.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Chop veggies and sit aside.
- Chop half of the cauliflower while grating the other half.
- Using your instant pot turn to sauté.
- Cook bacon till crispy then remove.
- Add butter to the bacon fat.
- Add the grated cauliflower to help thicken soup.
- Add the rest of the veggies & cauliflower and sauté for around 5 min.
- Pour in cream and mix together.
- Add your garlic salt and pepper.
- Pour in chicken stock and set instant pot to 15 min.
- Allow to natural depressurize around 15 min.
- After opening lid add cheese and stir till melted.
- Add bacon back to soup.
Macros per serving: 462kcals, 12.5g total carbs, 4g fiber, 0.2g sugar alcohols, 8.3g net carbs, 37g fat, 22g protein
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
IS CAULIFLOWER GOOD FOR LOSING WEIGHT?
Cauliflower is low in carbohydrates and fits perfectly into a keto diet. A keto diet, combined with a calorie deficit and exercise regimen can cause weight loss. Other factors come into play with weight loss including hormone imbalances, food sensitivities and insulin resistance.
IS CAULIFLOWER A SUPER FOOD?
Some people say that cauliflower is a superfood. Cauliflower has compounds that can potentially ward off cancer and heart disease. Cauliflower is high in vitamins and minerals like many other vegetables, but it also contains sulfur rich compounds called glucosinolates. These are the compounds that are thought to have potential cardiovascular benefits and cancer prevention.
IS CAULIFLOWER GASSY?
Yes! Cauliflower can make you gassy. This is because cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable. Some of the pros that offset this is that cauliflower is high in vitamin C and fiber.
WHAT SPICES TO ADD TO CAULIFLOWER?
So many spices pair well with cauliflower! Some of my favorite are parsley, thyme, tarragon, garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
1 cup of raw cauliflower cut into pieces has ~27 calories, 5.3g total carbs, 2.1g fiber, 3.2g net carbs, 0.3g fat, 2.1g of protein, 16mg of Magnesium, 320mg of Potassium and 32mg of Sodium.