Beefy, delicious with tons of vegetables, this Low Carb Instant Pot Pot Roast boasts the perfect meal for a lazy Sunday dinner.
INSTANT POT POT ROAST
This low carb Instant Pot Pot Roast meal is ideal for a Keto Diet, low in carbs and is loaded with healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. This Keto recipe makes my family not even miss the potatoes.
How to cook a chuck roast in a instant pot?
Season the meat front and back with salt and pepper. Add oil to the Instant Pot and set it on saute to sear the meat on all sides. Then switch it to the high setting.
Once it’s done cooking add the beef or vegetable broth along with radishes, mushrooms, onions, carrots, and any other vegetables that you enjoy and cook.
How long to cook a chuck roast in the Instant Pot
Cooking time for the roast depends on the size of the roast and if it's frozen or thawed.
A 3-5 pound raw chuck roast will take approximately 60-80 minutes on high pressure. If it's frozen chuck roast, it will take 80-110 minutes on high pressure.
Now you’re set to plate up all the veggies and shred the roast to add to the delicious roasted veggies.
Making Radishes and Mushrooms in the Instant Pot
You don't want to cook the radishes and mushrooms the entire time that the roast is cooking. If you did, they would turn to mush.
Once the chuck roast is finished cooking, add the low carb vegetables. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and cook for 1 minute on high pressure. Perform a quick pressure release.
A traditional pot roast is made with either a blade roast, or a boneless chuck roast. They will become so tender and juicy depending on how they are cooked.
Some pot roast recipes call for red wine along with the beef broth and a host of vegetables. Traditional pot roasts include potatoes which are high carb, starchy vegetables and commonly use flour or corn starch to thicken the broth.
This Pressure Cooker Pot Roast Recipe omits the flour and potatoes and instead uses radishes in place of the starchy potatoes. This sauce is more of an au jus, rather than a thick sauce, keeping this receipt super low carb.
Easy ideas for leftover Pressure Cooker Pot Roasts are to make lettuce wrapped tacos with the leftover meat.
Leftover veggies are perfect by themselves or can easily be a tasty side to any protein making a great comfort food meal. And for the barbeque lovers out there, add some low carb keto BBQ sauce to the meat and the options are endless.
This Instant Pot Pot Roast tastes more juicy than a traditional pot roast made in a conventional oven or Dutch Oven. The quickness of the cooking allows the meats juices to marinade with the broth you are using to make a delicious base. It also allows the vegetables to remain tender and not mushy so that the entire family will enjoy the meal.
More Delicious Beef Roast Recipes to Enjoy!
- Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe
- The Best Instant Pot Rump Roast Recipe
- Crockpot Roast Recipe
- Slow Cooker Italian Pot Roast
Low Carb Instant Pot Pot Roast - Pressure Cooker Pot Roast
- Slice mushrooms and cut radishes in half.
- Quarter onions. Set aside
- Place a tablespoon of avocado oil into instant pot and set to saute.
- Add vegetables to the Instant Pot. Cook until onions have caramelized. Radishes will not be fully cooked though.
- Remove veggies and set aside
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Salt and Pepper roast on both sides
- Place roast on saute and brown roast on both sides
- Pour in beef broth, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Hit Manual high pressure for 45 minutes.
- Allow Instant Pot to depressurize naturally then add back your veggies.
- Hit manual. Change time to 1 minute high pressure. Once timer goes off, use quick pressure release.
- Let roast and veggies sit in Instant Pot for ~5 minutes before eating.