Teriyaki Chicken Thighs on the Blackstone Griddle come out super juicy! This grilled teriyaki chicken has only 2 ingredients and cooks in less than 20 minutes. It’s a great chicken recipe if you’re wanting to meal prep.
- Teriyaki Chicken on The Blackstone Griddle
- Why you’ll love these chicken thighs on the Blackstone
- Tips & Tricks
- How to make Blackstone Chicken Thighs
- Stovetop Directions
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh Substitutions
- Teriyaki Sauce Substitution
- What to serve with Blackstone Griddle Chicken Thighs
- How to store
- How to reheat
- Healthy Blackstone Recipes
- PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Teriyaki Chicken on The Blackstone Griddle
Making moist and tender chicken thighs have never been easier than making them on the Blackstone Griddle. This recipe is not only low carb, but it’s paleo as well! So it’s perfect for health conscious individuals!
This is one of my favorite chicken Blackstone recipes to meal prep! It’s super versatile and pairs well with many low carb side dishes. Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Thighs are great for meal prep too!
Griddle chicken thighs are cooked quick and over high heat so they’re super tender! Perfect if you’re short on time and want a delicious dinner!
If you’re looking for more easy Blackstone recipes, check out this post I wrote on the 40+ best Blackstone recipes, the best Blackstone Side Dishes and the best Blackstone Chicken Recipes.
Why you’ll love these chicken thighs on the Blackstone
- Budget friendly recipe – chicken thighs are much cheaper per pound than chicken breasts (and taste better in my opinion)
- Low carb and high protein recipe – these chicken thighs have 2g of carbs and 23g of protein per serving
- Simple recipe – no fancy ingredients. You can get all the simple ingredients you need at your local grocery store
- paleo teriyaki sauce
- skinless boneless chicken thighs
Tips & Tricks
To make this delicious dish, first you need to make sure that the griddle is hot before adding the chicken thighs. You can splash a few drops of water on the Blackstone first to make sure it’s hot enough.
You can make this recipe ahead of time. Store in the fridge up to 24 hours, or place the chicken thighs in the freezer and defrost in the fridge the night before you plan to use them.
Also not all chicken thighs cook evenly. Some thighs might be done before others. Remove the chicken thighs from The Blackstone Griddle once the internal temperature of the chicken thighs reach 165F.
Tools to make this easy recipe
- I have the 22 inch portable tabletop flat griddle grill station. It’s perfect for the RV travel life! I also have friends that have the Blackstone Adventure Ready 2-Burner 28″ Outdoor Griddle
How to make Blackstone Chicken Thighs
- Make the chicken teriyaki marinade. I make a big batch of my honey paleo teriyaki sauce which I use as a marinade for this flavorful chicken.
- Trim the chicken thighs. Remove any excess visible fat from the chicken thighs.
- Marinate the chicken thighs. Next, add the teriyaki sauce and chicken thighs to a large plastic bag or bowl. Coat evenly. Let the chicken thighs marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Cooking the chicken thighs. Preheat Blackstone to medium high heat. Once hot, add the boneless skinless teriyaki chicken thighs. Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side until the chicken thighs reach an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove chicken from griddle. Carefully remove the chicken thighs from the flat top grill. Wait 5 minutes before cutting or eating.
If you don’t have a flat top grill or griddle you can still make these delicious teriyaki chicken thighs. Follow steps 1-3 from above for this easy recipe.
Then heat a cast iron skillet or frying pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken thighs and marinade to the skillet and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh Substitutions
If you don’t have boneless skinless chicken thighs, bone in skin on chicken thighs is another great option!
Bone in chicken thighs take much longer to cook. Bone in thighs take about 10-15 minutes per side compared to only 6-8 for boneless skinless chicken thighs. You may need to reduce the temperature to medium heat if they chicken skin starts to go past golden brown.
If you don’t have any chicken thighs, you can also substitute boneless skinless chicken breasts. These may take longer to cook if they are significantly thicker than the chicken thighs.
Or even try your luck with making teriyaki chicken wings!
Teriyaki Sauce Substitution
If you don’t want to make my homemade paleo teriyaki sauce recipe, you can use a store bought brand. Most traditional teriyaki sauces are soy sauce based though and are not gluten-free, so just be aware if you’re trying to avoid gluten.
You can also substitute BBQ sauce instead of teriyaki sauce if you want. I would baste the chicken thighs with barbecue sauce while they’re cooking on the griddle instead of marinating the thighs in BBQ sauce.
If you don’t want to do a sauce for your chicken thighs, you can use spices instead. Some of my favorite chicken seasonings are garlic powder, onion powder, Dijon mustard, lime juice, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, black pepper and garlic salt.
What to serve with Blackstone Griddle Chicken Thighs
If you’re looking to keep this a low carb meal, serve these blackstone chicken thighs with Zucchini on the Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Brussel Sprouts with Bacon or Asparagus on the Blackstone Griddle.
I you want to keep this an all Blackstone Dinner, try these Blackstone Side Dishes.
If you’re not following a certain diet, try these teriyaki chicken thighs over Instant Pot White Rice, fresh sliced red bell pepper, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
How to store
Store leftover chicken thighs in a glass airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How to reheat
Transfer the chicken thighs to a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 1.5-2 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
This chicken thigh griddle recipes cooks for 6-8 minutes on each side or until it reaches 165F.
Preheat the griddle over medium high heat. Add avocado oil the the griddle. Place chicken thighs on the griddle and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side.
Cook boneless skinless chicken thighs 6-8 minutes per side and bone in skin on chicken thighs 10-15 minutes per side.
I cooked these teriyaki chicken thighs over medium-high heat on the griddle.
Yes! I dump the entire contents of my teriyaki chicken thighs sauce/marinade onto the Blackstone Griddle.
It can be! These boneless chicken thighs are healthy with 23g of protein and only 2 grams of carbohydrates. But you can also make unhealthy recipes on the griddle too!
Healthy Blackstone Recipes
This delicious recipe will soon become a family favorite because of it’s incredible flavor! If you loved this chicken thighs recipe, try these other healthy Blackstone recipes.
- Salmon on the Blackstone Griddle
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp on the Blackstone Griddle
- Pork Chops on the Blackstone Griddle
- Teriyaki Blackstone Chicken Tenders
- Juicy Ribeye on the Blackstone Griddle
Teriyaki Chicken Thighs on the Blackstone
- ¼ cup paleo teriyaki sauce
- 5 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken thighs.
- In a large baggie or bowl add the teriyaki sauce and chicken thighs. Coat evenly.
- Let the chicken thighs marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat Blackstone over medium high heat. Once hot, add the boneless skinless teriyaki chicken thighs.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side until the chicken thighs reach an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove chicken thighs from the flat top grilll. Wait 5 minutes before eating.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Readers Favorite Recipes
How to Roast Spaghetti Squash
You’ll love how easy it is to make Roasted Spaghetti Squash. Spaghetti squash is a delicious low carb side dish and a great alternative to pasta. It’s simply seasoned with salt, pepper, butter and parsley.
Sesame Salmon Bowl
Sesame Salmon Bowls are a delicious and healthy dinner idea. It takes under 15 minutes to make start to finish! The sesame dressing adds tasty nutty flavor to this dish.
Air Fryer Zoodles
If you are looking for a low carb pasta option, this Air Fryer Zoodle recipe is for you! Have deliciously tender zoodles in just 5 minutes.
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs and Rice
Make tender chicken thighs and fluffy rice at the same time with your Instant Pot. These come out perfect every time! Have dinner ready in about 40 minutes with very little hands on time!
Air Fryer Furikake Salmon
Air Fryer Furikake Salmon is deliciously flaky and juicy. The Furikake seasoning gives the salmon a flavorful and crunchy topping. You’ll love the crispy salmon skin and that it’s ready in less than 15 minutes!
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
These Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs are fall off the bone tender! Bursting with flavor, these ribs taste like they were made at your favorite BBQ joint! Make the best pork ribs in under an hour with your pressure cooker.
Super easy, tasty weeknight meal. Thanks so much for the recipe!
This looks so delicious and juicy!
This is really easy to follow, loved this teriyaki chicken thighs recipe! It’s really tasty and very flavorful! Will surely have this again! Highly recommended!