THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE INFO.
Holiday gatherings made easy with this super easy rump roast Instant Pot recipe. I must confess, ever since I bought my Instant Pot I have been trying to cook just about everything in it. It’s amazing! It cooks recipes in a fraction of the time it would take a slow cooker and I haven’t messed up a recipe yet (knock on wood).
In today’s recipe, it’s all about simple entertaining during the holidays because this time of year is already stressful enough. I know I’ve already got a million things on my plate with work, my business, my blog, exercising, house chores, Christmas shopping and getting the house ready for my Christmas party.
I bet you have a bazillion things lined up too and the last thing you want to worry about is impressing your friends or family when they invite themselves over to your house for dinner. Well I’ve gotcha covered with this quick and easy rump roast instant pot recipe + some quick and easy appetizer ideas with stuff you probably already have in your fridge.
Let’s start with the appetizers first. I’m a huge fan of cheese and I normally have at least 2-3 different kinds in my house at any give time. If it’s a planned dinner, I like to go with a nice brie and it’s even better when it’s on sale or when there are coupons like I found with PRÉSIDENT® brie ($1 off) when you buy CK Mondavi wine! There was also a coupon for $1 off crackers on the CK Mondavi wine so this app turned out to be pretty cheap and I LOVE to save $$$. It means more $$ for traveling.
Speaking of CK Mondavi, many of you know that I love my wine and that I have been to wine country 2 times in the last year and I’m excited to announce that I am now a CK Mondavi wine ambassador! Whoop Whoop! So let’s grab a glass and cheers to the new year (which is coming way too fast might I add!).
So let’s get back to the appetizer! It’s as easy as slicing up some brie, fruit (I always have a ton on hand), and plopping them on a platter or slate cheese board and serving them with crackers. You know I always like some wine with my cheese 🙂 I’ve really been into my Cabernet Sauvignon or red blends lately even if it’s with foods that it’s not traditionally served with. It’s crazy how your change in wine changes with age.
Speaking of age, as of today (the 14th) it’s exactly 5 month’s until my 30th birthday. I’m getting so oldddddddddd. Also yesterday was my cousin’s 25th birthday! I remember when I was taking her to middle school when I would stay over at my Aunt and Uncle’s house. And her younger brother is now 21 and can legally drink….MIND BLOWN! That’s when you know you’re getting old. I remember when he took his first steps!
Rump Roast Instant Pot Recipe
5 minPrep Time
65 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 sweet onion, sliced ~1/2 inch
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup CK Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2-3lb rump roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- montreal seasoning
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 3 large potatoes, chopped in 1 inch cubes
- Turn Instant Pot on Sauté mode. Add sliced onions, shallot and olive oil and cook for ~5 minutes.
- Hit cancel on Instant Pot. Add CK Mondavi Cab to deglaze.
- Add rump roast, sprinkle with montreal seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic).
- Add broth.
- Hit manual on Instant Pot and increase time to 40 minutes (make sure it is set to locked). Walk away and do a happy dance or sip on your cheese and nibble on apps.
- After 40 minutes is up. Do quick pressure release (turn it from sealed to venting), add in your baby carrots and potatoes (do this in a quickish manner).
- Replace the top, turn nob to locked, set to manual 5 minutes. Do NPR (natural pressure release) for 15 minutes.
More Instant Pot recipes
I want to give a huge shout out to CK Mondavi wine for choosing me as their ambassador!
I would love it if you could check them out or give them a follow on social media. Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram.
If you loved this easy rump roast Instant Pot Recipe. Check out these other delicious and healthy dinner ideas:
Not ready to make this recipe today? Pin the image below for safe keeping.