This Low Carb Crockpot Beef Stew is full of that juicy, beefy flavor that everyone loves! It's a delicious dish without the carbs that will leave everyone wanting more! The radishes in the Instant Pot come out super tender just like potatoes!
Low Carb Crockpot Beef Stew with Radishes
This slow cooker low-carb beef stew is a great dish to make any time of the year! It is especially great for those cool winter and fall nights when you want a nice warm meal.
With ingredients that are easy to work with and with simple instructions, it's a dish that anyone can make! This keto beef stew is also a great recipe to use if you are looking to meal prep! You may also like this cube steak recipe made in the slow cooker.
Check out the section below on crockpot beef stew leftovers to find out how this dish is perfect as a meal prep to heat up for those crazy nights that require a quick meal.
Ingredients for Crockpot Beef Stew
- Beef chuck roast
- Beef broth
- Tomato paste
- Worcestershire sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Black pepper
- Bay leaves
- Xanthan gum*
*Ingredient notes - xanthan gum is used to thicken up the liquid instead of using corn starch. The xanthan gum is optional and should be avoided if gums tend to upset your stomach.
How to make Low Carb Crockpot Beef Stew
- First, you want to place the beef, radishes, carrots, onion and garlic into a 6-qt slow cooker. Then, stir in beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, salt, Italian seasoning, pepper, and bay leaves until well combined.
- You will then cover and cook the ingredients on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. Next, remove a ½ cup of the broth from the slow cooker and whisk in the xanthan gum until combined. Once that is well combined, you stir in that mixture back into the slow cooker.
- Then, cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened.
After, you can taste and season it with salt and pepper as needed. You then serve garnished with parsley, if desired.
Pro Tip: Serve this dish with your favorite low carb biscuit or try it with this Best Keto Bread Recipe.
Benefits of using Beef Chuck Roast
Beef chuck roast is one of the best meats to use when making a beef stew. It has a beautiful marbling that helps the beef stew to be tender and juicy. This is a great meat that retains its delicious beefy flavor!
For this recipe you will want to chop this meat into one inch cubes. Although this might seem like a tough cut of meat when you are cutting it, it will be worth it in the end. The slow cooking in the crockpot will transform the beef chuck roast into a mouthwatering meat that is perfectly fork-tender.
Plus it's a cheaper cut of meat and it'll help you save money!
What to do with Slow Cooker Keto Beef Stew Leftovers
Slow Cooker Beef Stew is a dish that can be saved for later if needed, although it is so delicious there might not be any leftovers! If you do have any leftovers, you can place it in a sealed glass container and store it in the refrigerator. It's best eaten within 3 days.
Believe it or not, this keto beef stew can also be stored in the freezer!
Whether you are making this in advance to save for a quick dinner night or just saving the leftovers for another time, you can freeze this dish in a heavy glass, airtight container. Just make sure not to fill the container all the way to the top of the plastic container, try to leave about an inch of space at the top to allow for any expansion that might occur during the freezing process.
Or let the beef stew come to room temperature after cooking and transfer it to a freezer gallon or gallon and a half bag. Once you're ready to eat, simply transfer the baggie to the fridge to defrost. You can warm up the beef stew on the stove top or even in the crockpot!
What to serve with Crockpot Beef Stew
As mentioned earlier, you can always try serving this dish with your favorite low carb biscuit or slice of bread. This keto beef stew will leave you wanting to finish every bit of the gravy left in your bowl and what better way to do that than with your favorite piece of keto bread!
If you don't care about the carb count any bread would be great to soak up that delicious beefy flavored gravy, but here are some low carb bread recipe you might want to try out with it:
- Try making this dish in advance and freeze for a quick dinner option on a busy night
- Serve this dish with your favorite low carb bread recipe
- Omit xanthan gum if your GI tract is easily upset
More crockpot recipes
- slow cooker low carb BBQ brisket zucchini boats
- slow cooker pork butt
- keto crockpot pork chops
- slow cooker cottage pie
Low Carb Crockpot Beef Stew with radishes
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 12 ounces radishes cut in half
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 onion cut into chunks
- 1 cloves of garlic sliced
- 3 ½ cups beef broth
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon Xanthan gum
- Place beef, radishes, carrots, onion and garlic into a 6-qt slow cooker.
- Stir in beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, salt, Italian seasoning, pepper, and bay leaves until well combined.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- Remove ½ cup of broth from the slow cooker and whisk in the xanthan gum until combined.
- Stir mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until thickened.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed, then serve garnished with parsley, if desired.