How to Make Zoodles.
Making zoodles is super easy! Zoodles are the perfect gluten-free and low carb substitution for pasta or spaghetti. You can make your favorite noodles with just a zucchini.
Zoodles - Low Carb Pasta Alternative
Don't be intimated of making zoodles. They are so easy to do and you'll be wishing you made them a long time ago!
I've had both and I prefer the Spiralizer. It has more options for different types of zoodle shapes to make and it's easier to clean. It's larger and a little more difficult to store, but it's still my favorite!
To make zoodles, all you need is a zucchini. You can also use these to make sweet potato noodles, quash noodles or turn any vegetable or squash into noodles.
These zoodles pair perfectly with my Baked Frozen Turkey Meatballs and my Air Fryer Keto Meatballs. If you would like the step by step on how to make turkey meatballs check out my post on How To Make Frozen Turkey Meatballs.
Hint Hint, the turkey meat balls are keto also!
Why You'll love this
- Budget Friendly - one zucchini cost about .65 cents. So they're super affordable and make a large bowl of zoodles!
- Easy Recipe - With only a few steps and one ingredient, making zoodles is super easy!
- Keto Friendly - zucchini noodles are a great keto friendly pasta option. One medium zucchini has 6g of total carbs and 4g net carbs.
- Zucchini - I just got a 3 pack of zucchini from Aldis. Make sure that they don't have any bruises or soft spots. Also try to not use them when they are super ripe because they can become mushy and don't make the best quality of zoodles.
Tips & Tricks
Depending on your spiralizer you may need to hold down the bottom so it doesn't move. It can be tricky at first, but once you master this making zoodles is a breeze!
If you make a entire bowl of zoodles from 1 zucchini the noodles will be super long! You may want to cut the noodles once you spiralize ⅓ or ½ of the zucchini so that the zoodles are easier to eat.
Tools to make this Zucchini Pasta
- Spiralizer - With the different blades on the Spiralizer, you can choose which style of noodle you would like (spaghetti, angel hair, fettuccine, and lasagna).
How to make Zoodles
- Wash your zucchini and slice one end off of your zucchini.
- Insert your desired blade into the Spiralizer.
- Place the other end of the zucchini onto the spiked portion of the Spiralizer.
- Move the zucchini until it’s touching the blade, and then crank the handle on the Spiralizer until all of the zucchini has been made into zoodles.
- Throw away or eat the small tub-like portion of the zucchini that you get after spiralizing the entire zucchini.
You may also use a yellow squash or summer squash to make low carb noodles if you don't have any zucchini available.
What to serve with Keto Spaghetti Zoodles
Don't forget your protein! I've made a plethora of keto meatball recipes, below are some of my favorites!
- Baked Frozen Turkey Meatballs
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Keto and Paleo Turkey Meatballs
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
- Keto Cast Iron Meatballs
- Air Fryer Keto Meatballs Recipe
How to store
Store leftovers in an airtight container 1-2 days max. Unfortunately once you spiralize your zucchini they don't last that long. BUT the good thing is it's super easy and cheap to make more!
If you want, you can always freeze your zucchini if you don't plan on using them within 1-2 days. You can cook the frozen zoodles in a pan with a little bit of oil to reheat.
- 1 medium zucchini makes about 3 cups of spiraled zoodles
- 1 medium zucchini has 34 calories, 6g total carbs, 2g fiber, 4g net carbs, 2g protein and 0g fat
First wash your zucchini and slice one end off of your zucchini. Then insert your desired blade into the Spiralizer. Next, place the other end of the zucchini onto the spiked portion of the Spiralizer.
Move the zucchini until it’s touching the blade and then crank the handle on the spiralizer until all of the zucchini has been made into zoodles. Serve immediately.
In a large pan, cook the zoodles over medium-high heat with a small amount of avocado oil. Do not cover the pan while cooking. This helps to let the water escape. You can also air fryer the zoodles for a short amount of time to make perfectly cooked zoodles.
Transfer the zoodles to a large ziplock baggie or a glass container. Place them in the freezer.
You can buy pre-made zoodles at your local grocery store. They can be found in both the frozen food section and the pre-cut produce section of the supermarket.
How to make zoodles
- 1 zucchini
- Wash your zucchini. Slice one end off your zucchini.
- Insert your desired blade into the spiralizer.
- Place the other end of zucchini onto the spiked portion of the spiralizer.
- Move the zucchini until it’s touching the blade and then crank the handle on the spiralizer until all of the zucchini has been made into zoodles.
- Throw away or eat the small tub-like portion of the zucchini that you get after spiralizing all of the zucchini
Readers Favorite Recipes
Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower is a great low carb alternative to potatoes! These Cauliflower mashed potatoes are deliciously buttery! Also, this mashed cauliflower recipe is low in carbs and is a healthy side dish!
Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream comes out absolutely delicious in the Ninja CREAMi! You'll love it because it has minimal ingredients (no gums) and the texture is amazing!
Indulge in smoky perfection with this Traeger Smoked Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin. Juicy pork meets crispy bacon for a flavor explosion!
Discover the best sides for chicken thighs! From creamy garlic mashed potatoes to crisp garden salads. Explore the best options to enhance your meal with juicy chicken thighs.
Whether you're looking for keto ice cream recipes, protein ice cream recipes, or decadent ones, this post has you covered! Today I'm sharing the best Ninja Creami Recipes!
What is the difference between a Ribeye vs. NY Strip Steak? Juicy tenderness vs. bold flavor. Uncover the ultimate steak battle! When you walk into a grocery store with the word "steak" on your grocery list, how do you decide which steak to choose from? Let's decide between two very common cuts of steak: New...