My sweet tooth has been on overdrive this past week, and to tackle it I whipped up these delicious brownies. They turned out so good, they quite possibly could be the best protein brownie recipe I’ve ever made.
I’ve been switching up my routine at the gym lately. Ever since my gym started teaching boxing and having the MMA guys train at my gym, it has been crazy packed at my usual workout time (4:30pm). This has forced me to get up extra early and make it to the gym at 6am. The first couple of days it was super hard to get up and out of bed and take out the puppy, and get myself ready for work.
Some things that I have found to make my mornings easier and to get out of the house on time are:
- lay out my workout clothes and shoes the morning before
- pack my gym bag with towels, shampoo, conditioner, flip flops, deodorant etc the night before and put it in my car along with the clothes that I am going to wear for work the next day
- pack my already meal prepped meals for the following day into my lunch box and put my lunch box in the refrigerator
- make my coffee the night before (K-Cup coffee hazelnut, santa’s white christmas, butter toffee), and then I mix my protein powder, stevia and cashew milk with it in the morning as my pre-workout
- measure out the dog’s food and place with bowl on the kitchen table so I don’t have to measure it out in the morning (Stella is still a puppy and we don’t want her to get too chunky so we measure it out as the bag directs LOL)
- Remember to charge my phone the night before so I will have music to listen to at the gym and keep a spare charger in my purse for emergencies.
And of course no gym session can start or be complete without a workout selfie 🙂
I have really been trying to improve my shoulders, hitting them hard twice a week. I’m hoping to see improvements soon!
Now back to the brownies….for this recipe I used my KitchenAid Mixer to make the batter and the secret ingredient is Gnarly Slim protein powder (grass-fed whey from New Zealand). This recipe is Gluten Free and almost Paleo.
These brownies are so dense and fudgy, and pair perfectly with a tall glass of milk. I’ve eaten these for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert (not all on the same day, I seriously would have but I didn’t want to waste the food that I had already prepped).
The Best Protein Brownie Recipe
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil separated
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 truvia baking blend
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup stevia powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 6 scoops Gnarly Slim
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper, or can spray with oil
- In a mixer, add cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Combine on the lowest setting.
- Next add 1/3 cup melted Coconut oil and boiling water.
- Mix until blended and thickened.
- Add in sugar, eggs and remaining coconut oil
- Next add in flour, vanilla extract, xanthan gum, salt and protein powder.
- Pour batter evenly into lined pan (I used a square glass pan)
- Bake for 35 minutes.