THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE INFO.
This keto potato salad is a great low carb alternative to your typical potato salad! Its creamy and chunky texture will make you forget it’s actually a cauliflower potato salad. It’s a perfect side dish for your next back yard barbecue!
This quick to make dish pairs perfectly with any entree and it is a dish the whole family will enjoy. If you are looking for a good entree to pair with it, you should try this instant pot ribs recipe.
It can even be used for those family backyard barbecues! Your dish can be the talk of the crowd at the next family gathering with this recipe!
Ingredients for keto potato salad
- avocado oil
- garlic powder
- hard boiled eggs
- dill pickles
- yellow or red onion
- Yellow mustard
PRO TIP: If you wold like to add a little pop of flavor, you can add some paprika for garnish.
How to make keto potato salad
- To start off, you want to heat oven to 375.
- Then pour the avocado oil into a gallon baggie and place the cauliflower into the bag.
- Once you have placed the cauliflower in the bag, you will then shake the bag until the cauliflower and make sure it is well coated with the avocado oil.
- Next, add salt, pepper and garlic powder into the baggie and shake well.
- Pour cauliflower onto a lined baking sheet and place in the oven to bake for 25-30 min or until cauliflower is fork tender.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven.
- While cauliflower is cooking you want to work on cooking the hard boil eggs.
- You will then add onion, pickle and celery into a medium bowl. Then you will add the cauliflower into the bowl with the onion, pickle, and celery.
- Next, you will dice the hard boiled eggs and add to bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- After everything is well combined, you want to then refrigerate the potato salad for at least an hour.
What are the benefits of eating cauliflower?
Cauliflower can have many health benefits. It is high in fiber, antioxidants, and other important nutrients. Antioxidants can help protect against heart disease and can also help to prevent some cancers.
If you would like to find out more about cauliflower, check out this study on Crucial facts about health benefits of popular cruciferous vegetables.
What are the health benefits of hard boiled eggs?
To start, eggs are high in protein and high in many vitamins. In fact, some studies have found that eating two eggs a day can cover up to 30% of our vitamin requirements. Some of the vitamins include all B vitamins as well as vitamin D, calcium and zinc.
Along with being high in many vitamins and protein, eggs are also high in choline. Choline can help the body by playing a role in things like bone integrity brain development.
When comparing different forms of eggs, hard boiled egg do not necessarily change any of its health benefits. Studies have found that there is no clear evidence that there is a lose of vitamin and nutrient content when comparing a fresh egg to a hard boiled egg.
If you would like to find out more about the benefits of hard boiled eggs then check out this study on The Golden Egg: Nutritional Value, Bioactivities, and Emerging Benefits for Human Health.
Tips for making keto potato salad
- Try to cut the cauliflower into similar size pieces
- Make sure that the cauliflower pieces are all coated in the avocado oil
- Make sure the salt, pepper, and garlic powder is well mixed with the cauliflower
- In order to get this potato salad to taste even more like a traditional potato salad, you want to make sure that your cauliflower is baked to a similar texture as a potato would be for potato salad
- If you do not like hard boiled eggs they can be removed from the recipe
- For some added protein, pair it with a protein entree such as shredded chicken or BBQ pork
Some other low carb cauliflower recipes to try
- Instant pot mashed cauliflower
- Instant Pot Low Carb Cauliflower Soup Recipe with Bacon and Cheese
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
Keto potato salad
Heat oven to 375
Pour avocado oil into a gallon baggie. Place cauliflower into the bag and shake until coated.
Add salt, pepper and garlic powder into the baggie and shake well.
Pour cauliflower onto a lined baking sheet.
Bake for 25-30 min or until cauliflower is fork tender
Remove from oven.
While cauliflower is cooking, hard boil eggs.
Add onion, pickle and celery into a medium bowl. Then add cauliflower.
Dice hard boiled eggs and add to bowl.
Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until well combined.
Refrigerate for at least an hour.