Winter is coming! This low carb keto bacon cheddar cauliflower soup recipe is just what you need to stay warm this winter.
Disclaimer: I’m super excited to announce that I’ve partnered with Rockridge Press on today’s post. I was compensated for my time, however all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make this blog possible!
So, I don’t think I’ve told you this before BUT I am a HUGE cook book person. I haven’t always been a big cook book person, but since going keto, I find that keto diet cook books are a game changer.
I love that you can find almost any keto alternative for your favorite foods! Also by using cookbooks it saves you a lot of trial and errors and saves that $$$ on failed recipes.
Today I wanted to share a recipe from the latest cook book I added to my collection, The Big 15 Ketogenic Diet Cookbook.
This isn’t just another keto cook book. This book takes 15 fundamental ingredients of a keto diet (eggs, bacon, avocado, dairy, nuts, chicken, beef, pork, fish, shellfish, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach and zucchini) and makes recipes centered around those ingredients.
Theres 150 recipes total and has 300 low-carb and high-fat variations.
The recipe I am sharing with you today is the bacon cheddar cauliflower soup recipe. Before following a keto diet, I was super addicted to sweets. Like I had to have them every day and most day I ate them multiple times per day. Yep. This is coming from a dietitian too!
Since going keto, I have been able to nix my sugar cravings. Since I no longer crave sweets, I am able to enjoy foods that I normally didn’t eat, like cauliflower. I’m assuming this is due to the decreased sugar (natural and artificial) which has allowed me to enjoy the unadulterated flavors of whole foods.
Check out my cauliflower rice recipe for more keto inspiration.
Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Low Carb Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 1 large head cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 oz bacon chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 onion roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth, plus more as needed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese plus more for topping
- Sliced scallion green parts only, or fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the cauli ower with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 to 30 min- utes or until slightly browned.
- While the cauli ower roasts, in a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the bacon for 5 to 7 minutes until crispy. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel–lined plate to drain; leave the bacon fat in the pan.
- Return the pan to medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Stir well to combine and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes until the onion is so ened and translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the cauli ower from the oven and add it to the pan with the onion and garlic. Stir in the broth and bring the liquid to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat. With an immersion blender, carefully blend the soup. Alternatively, transfer the soup to a regular blender (working in batches if necessary), blend until smooth, and return the soup to the pan.
- Stir in the cream. You may need to add a bit more broth or cream, depending on how thick you like your soup. Add the Cheddar and stir until melted and combined. Spoon the soup into bowls and top with bacon and more Cheddar. Garnish with scallion.