Ham and Cheese Sliders are delicious and easy appetizer that are great for holiday parties and pot lucks! Made with ham, mozzarella cheese, mustard, butter, poppy seeds, onions and of course Hawaiian rolls!
The holidays are upon us and if you’re like me you have a party every weekend through the end of the year. Most of the parties I am going to are a potluck type so these Hawaiian roll sliders are the perfect appetizer to bring!
Whether you call these Hawaiian ham sliders, hot ham and cheese sliders or poppy seed ham rolls, they’re sure to be a crowd pleaser!
And if you don’t have any parties to go to, these are perfect for game days or if you want hot Hawaiian sliders for dinner! Side notes, leftover ham and Swiss sliders make for the perfect grab and go snack! Or pack them for lunches, you can eat these hot or cold!
Ingredients for Ham and Cheese Slider Recipe
- Kings Hawaiian Rolls
- Deli Ham
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Worcestershire sauce
- Poppy Seeds
- Dried Minced Onions
How to Make Easy Ham and Cheese Sliders
First pre-heat oven to 350F. Next slice the Hawaiian rolls and place in pan or cookie sheet. You can separate them individually like below or keep them all in one piece.
Next top the sweet Hawaiian rolls with 8oz of sliced ham.
Then with 8oz of shredded mozzarella, shredded swiss or shredded gruyere cheese. I used mozzarella because I love the gooey cheese pulls!
Next cover the sliders with the tops of the rolls.
In a bowl combine 3/4 cup melted butter, 2 teaspoons worchestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon dried minced onions, 1 tablespoon poppy seeds, 2 tablespoons mustard.
Next spoon butter mixture over the tops of the slider buns.
If you’re wondering why some images are made in a glass baking dish and other sliders on a cookie sheet, well I made 2 batches because they’re that good! All my friends and family love these hot ham and cheese sliders.
This is a great potluck slider recipe that is great for a work function if you’re trying to win some brownie points with your co-workers!
Pro Tip: If anyone in your family doesn’t like poppy seeds, you can totally make these ham and cheese sliders without poppy seeds.
If you can’t get enough, check out this 1 minute youtube video I made for this recipe
Other party appetizers to try
- Crispy Oven Baked Keto Chicken Wings
- Mini Beef Wellingtons
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Salami and Cheese Pinwheels
- Roast Beef Sliders
Easy Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 12 count Kings Hawaiian rolls
- 8 oz deli ham
- 8 oz Kraft Naturals Mozzarella Cheese Shreds
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Slice rolls and place in pan/cookie sheet
- Top with 8oz of sliced ham
- Top with 8oz of shredded mozzarella
- Cover with tops of rolls
- In a bowl combine 3/4 cup melted butter, 2 teaspoons worchestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon dried minced onions, 1 tablespoon poppy seeds, 2 tablespoons mustard.
- Cover rolls with butter mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake Covered for 15 minutes and then baked uncovered for an additional 5 minutes.