THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE INFO.
Spice up your holiday dinner this year with these light and fluffy Beef Wellington puff pastries. You better go ahead and make a double batch because you’ll want to make plenty more for leftovers!
I cannot believe Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away! This year has totally flown by way to fast. I know it seems like I’ve been saying that a lot these days but it’s true. It’s probably because I’ve been juggling way too much. Work full-time, blogging, plus I just launched my private practice website (laraclevenger.com YAY!).
With Thanksgiving fast approaching we’re doing something a little different this year. I’m splitting the cooking with my parents (my dad does all the cooking) to make it a little less chaotic and easier on the both of us. My parents are cooking the traditional turkey, but I’m switching things up and making these tasty Beef Wellington’s with a lightened up creamy horseradish dipping sauce.
These Beef Wellington puff pastries are super easy to make and I can almost guarantee they will all be gone before the Turkey is served. Trust me, they’re that good! I’ve even thrown together a quick video on how to make Beef Wellington.
Believe it or not, this was my first time using puff pastry. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to work with. You better believe that I’ll be whipping up this Beef Wellington recipe at every holiday party from here on out.
Also, I concocted a pretty tasty horseradish dipping sauce to complement the Beef Wellingtons. It’s made with greek yogurt to give it a little tang but fewer calories.
How to Make Beef Wellington
- ½ cup plain fat free greek yogurt
- ¼ sour cream
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp grey poupon
- 1 Tbsp horseradish
- 8oz Tenderloin Steak
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot diced
- ¾ Cup Mushrooms
- 1 Clove Garlic
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- Egg wash (1 egg + 1 tbsp water whisked with a fork)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Puff Pastry 16 2”x2” Squares
- Cut steak into ½” cubes
- Brown with Olive Oil
- Saute Shallot, garlic and Mushrooms until soft in same pan as steak was browned in.
- Add chicken broth deglaze pan
- Add Heavy cream and cook until liquid is evaporated 4-5minutes
- Add steak to mushroom sauce and combined
- Scoop tablespoon of mixture onto each square of puff pastry
- Top each square with additional piece of puff pastry and crimp edges with fork
- Brush egg wash onto each piece and cut two slits in top layer of puff pastry
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with horseradish sauce. Combine greek yogurt, sour cream, paprika, grey poupon, and horseradish into a small bowl. Mix well.
A huge thank you to Florida Beef for Sponsoring this post. I was so fortunate to be able to visit the Florida Beef Ranches up in Gainesville, Florida this past August. It is truly inspiring to see all of the love that these families have for their animals.
To find out more about Florida Beef, check them out on social media!
Check out some other awesome #Beefsgiving recipes
#Beefsgiving Main Dishes
#Beefsgiving Side Dish
- Italian Stuffing from Love and Confections