THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE INFO.
This Creamy Salsa Chicken Recipe is an easy meal for those busy weeknights. This chicken dinner recipe has only 3 ingredients and is super versatile and delicious!
Creamy salsa chicken is a simple recipe that the whole family will love. No cooking required!
This recipe is unlike others in that it doesn’t use a store bought or homemade taco seasoning. I opt for salsa and ranch instead, which makes it creamy.
You can use any type of salsa, spicy salsa or mild, flavored or original. Whatever is your favorite.
- Shredded chicken (I used leftover Instant Pot shredded chicken breasts)
- Medium Salsa (can use jarred or fresh salsa)
- Ranch dressing (can use bottled or homemade)
- Optionally top with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and cilantro
How to make creamy salsa chicken
- First you need to make shredded chicken. This can be done by boiling or baking chicken, cooking chicken in a slow cooker or Instant Pot, or by taking a rotisserie chicken and shredding it. I opted for making shredded chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Add the shredded chicken to a large bowl, then add the ranch dressing.
- Then pour salsa into the bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Portion into serving bowls and store the rest in airtight containers. Optionally sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and cilantro.
- If you don’t have cheddar cheese you can substitute with Monterey Jack or a Mexican cheese blend
- You can substitute boneless skinless chicken thighs for the boneless skinless chicken breasts
How to serve
If you’re trying to keep this recipe low carb, serve it in a bowl and top with your favorite low carb toppings such as cheese, sour cream, sliced avocado, more salsa, cilantro, etc.
Or you can serve it in low carb tortillas and make it into keto tacos! I made mine with guac, sour cream, cilantro and cheese.
And honestly the dish is delicious as is so you can even it is for a meal as is!
More Low Carb Mexican Recipes
If you want to start a keto diet and don’t know where to start, check out my Ultimate Guide to Clean Keto. Check out my 2 week keto diet meal plans if you need some meal prep inspo! They use a bulk meal prep technique and are meant to save time and money! If you loved this recipe, sign up to my newsletter to be notified when a new recipe is released!
Creamy Salsa Chicken Recipe
This easy creamy salsa chicken recipe is a delicious meal for those busy weeknights. This easy dinner recipe has only 3 ingredients!
- 24 ounces chicken breast shredded
- 1/2 cup salsa fresh or jarred
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- cheddar cheese optional
- sour cream optional
- cilantro optional
Add the shredded chicken to a large bowl
Then add ranch dressing
Next add salsa
Mix until well combined
Place in a serving bowl and optionallytop with sour cream, cheddar cheese and cilantro
- You made shredded chicken in the Instant Pot, use canned chicken, or shredded rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
- Optionally top with sour cream, shredded cheese, and cilantro