THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE INFO.
Easy Creamy Salsa Chicken Recipe is a delicious meal for those busy weeknights. This chicken dinner recipe has only 3 ingredients and is super versatile!
Creamy salsa chicken is a simple recipe that the whole family will love. No cooking required!
This recipe is unlike others in that it doesn’t use a store bought or homemade taco seasoning. I opt for salsa and ranch instead, which makes it creamy.
You can use any type of salsa, spicy salsa or mild, flavored or original. Whatever is your favorite.
Ingredients for creamy salsa chicken
- Shredded chicken (I use leftover chicken breasts)
- Medium Salsa (can use jarred or fresh salsa)
- Ranch dressing (can use bottled or homemade)
Pressure cooker salsa chicken recipe
First you need to make shredded chicken. This can be done by boiling or baking chicken, cooking chicken in a slow cooker or Instant Pot, or by taking a rotisserie chicken and shredding it.
I opted for making shredded chicken in the Instant Pot.
Add the shredded chicken to a large bowl, then add the ranch dressing.
Then pour salsa into the bowl.
Mix until well combined.
Portion into serving bowls and store the rest in airtight containers.
Optionally sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and cilantro.
If you’re not worried about keeping this recipe low carb, add cooked black beans and corn to add carbs and fiber to this tender chicken recipe.
- If you don’t have cheddar cheese you can substitute with Monterey Jack or a Mexican cheese blend
- You can substitute boneless skinless chicken thighs for the boneless skinless chicken breasts
What to serve with this easy salsa chicken recipe
Serve this salsa chicken with rice or Spanish rice, as tacos (can add refried beans and guacamole), or as a dip with tortilla chips. You can also top this with diced bell peppers, onion and homemade salsa.
More Mexican Recipes
Creamy Salsa Chicken Recipe
This easy creamy salsa chicken recipe is a delicious meal for those busy weeknights. This easy dinner recipe has only 3 ingredients!
- 24 ounces chicken breast shredded
- 1/2 cup salsa fresh or jarred
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- cheddar cheese optional
- sour cream optional
- cilantro optional
Add the shredded chicken to a large bowl
Then add ranch dressing
Next add salsa
Mix until well combined
Place in a serving bowl and optionallytop with sour cream, cheddar cheese and cilantro
- You made shredded chicken in the Instant Pot, use canned chicken, or shredded rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
- Optionally top with sour cream, shredded cheese, and cilantro