This Creamy Salsa Chicken Recipe is an easy meal for those busy weeknights. This chicken dinner recipe has only 3 ingredients and is super versatile and delicious!
Creamy salsa chicken is a simple recipe that the whole family will love. No cooking required!
This recipe is unlike others in that it doesn't use a store bought or homemade taco seasoning. I opt for salsa and ranch instead, which makes it creamy.
You can use any type of salsa, spicy salsa or mild, flavored or original. Whatever is your favorite.
- Shredded chicken (I used leftover Instant Pot shredded chicken breasts)
- Medium Salsa (can use jarred or fresh salsa)
- Ranch dressing (can use bottled or homemade)
- Optionally top with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and cilantro
How to make creamy salsa chicken
- First you need to make shredded chicken. This can be done by boiling or baking chicken, cooking chicken in a slow cooker or Instant Pot, or by taking a rotisserie chicken and shredding it. I opted for making shredded chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Add the shredded chicken to a large bowl, then add the ranch dressing.
- Then pour salsa into the bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Portion into serving bowls and store the rest in airtight containers. Optionally sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and cilantro.
- If you don't have cheddar cheese you can substitute with Monterey Jack or a Mexican cheese blend
- You can substitute boneless skinless chicken thighs for the boneless skinless chicken breasts
How to serve
If you're trying to keep this recipe low carb, serve it in a bowl and top with your favorite low carb toppings such as cheese, sour cream, sliced avocado, more salsa, cilantro, etc.
Or you can serve it in low carb tortillas and make it into keto tacos! I made mine with guac, sour cream, cilantro and cheese.
And honestly the dish is delicious as is so you can even it is for a meal as is!
More Low Carb Mexican Recipes
Creamy Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 24 ounces chicken breast shredded
- ½ cup salsa fresh or jarred
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- cheddar cheese optional
- sour cream optional
- cilantro optional
- Add the shredded chicken to a large bowl
- Then add ranch dressing
- Next add salsa
- Mix until well combined
- Place in a serving bowl and optionallytop with sour cream, cheddar cheese and cilantro
- You made shredded chicken in the Instant Pot, use canned chicken, or shredded rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
- Optionally top with sour cream, shredded cheese, and cilantro