Healthy Java Chip Frappuccino recipe.
Bye bye Starbucks. Today on the blog we’re making a copy cat Starbucks java chip frappuccino blended coffee.
- STARBUCKS JAVA CHIP FRAPPUCCINO BLENDED COFFEE RECIPE
- WHAT IS A FRAPPUCCINO?
- DO FRAPPUCCINOS HAVE CAFFEINE?
- WHAT EXACTLY IS A JAVA CHIP FRAPPUCCINO?
- WHAT IS AN ICE BLENDED COFFEE?
- WHAT’S IN A JAVA CHIP FRAP?
- JAVA CHIP FRAPPUCCINO NUTRITION
- HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN A STARBUCKS JAVA CHIP FRAPPUCCINO?
- HOW MUCH PROTEIN IS IN A STARBUCKS JAVA CHIP BLENDED COFFEE?
- HOW MUCH DOES A JAVA CHIP FRAPPUCCINO COST?
- Java Chip vs Mocha
- MY OTHER ON-THE-GO BREAKFASTS I LOVE
STARBUCKS JAVA CHIP FRAPPUCCINO BLENDED COFFEE RECIPE
Good morning! I hope you’re having an amazing day wherever you are!
Today I wanted to talk a little bit about breakfast. Specifically breakfast ideas that you can take with you, or a breakfast that you can eat or drink on the way to work.
Because I’m that girl that is ALWAYS late. No matter how hard I try or prepare, I am that perpetual late girl. My BFF actually almost bought me a shirt the other day that said, “I hate being late, but I’m so good at it.”
So one thing that I’ve done to save time (and money) in the morning is to make my own ice blended coffee aka poor girls frappuccino.
This has been my go to drink for the past few weeks. It gives me the energy I need to get my morning started and it is packed full of protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals to keep me going until it’s snack time.
If you love the Java Chip Frap light version from Starbucks, you’re in for a treat with this copycat skinny java chip frappuccino!
WHAT IS A FRAPPUCCINO?
A frappuccino is an cold coffee drink. It is coffee that has been blended with ice and other ingredients depending on the flavor. It may come with whipped cream and other toppings like chocolate flakes or caramel sauce.
DO FRAPPUCCINOS HAVE CAFFEINE?
When you order a frappuccino at starbucks, most of them will have caffeine unless you order a creme based frappuccino.
WHAT EXACTLY IS A JAVA CHIP FRAPPUCCINO?
Per Starbucks, they say a Java Chip Frappuccino is made by, “We blend mocha sauce and Frappuccino® chips with coffee and milk and ice, then top with whipped cream and mocha drizzle to bring you endless java joy.”
WHAT IS AN ICE BLENDED COFFEE?
Blended coffee is when you take coffee (hot or cold, but preferably cold) and ice. Place them in a high powered blender, and blend until smooth. You can add in mix ins such as heavy whipping cream, milk, sweeteners, flavors, syrups and much more.
WHAT’S IN A JAVA CHIP FRAP?
JAVA CHIP FRAPPUCCINO RECIPE INGREDIENTS FROM STARBUCK’S WEBSITE:
- Ice, Milk, Coffee Frappuccino Syrup [Sugar, Water, Salt, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid], Whipped Cream [Cream (Cream, Milk, Mono And Diglycerides, Carrageenan), Vanilla Syrup (Sugar, Water, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid)], Mocha Sauce [Water, Sugar, Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Vanillin], Frappuccino Chips [Confectionery Coating (Sugar, Palm Kernel And Palm Oils, Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Soy Lecithin, Vanilla, Milk), Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Cookie Crumbs (Unbleached Unenriched Wheat Flour, Sugar, Palm And Palm Kernel Oil, Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Chocolate Mass, Salt, Baking Soda, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavor), Chocolate Mass (2%), And Salt].
JAVA CHIP FRAPPUCCINO NUTRITION
HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN A STARBUCKS JAVA CHIP FRAPPUCCINO?
Starbucks java chip frappuccino calories:
- TALL made with whole milk & topped with whipped cream, 340 calories
- GRANDE made with whole milk & topped with whipped cream, 470 calories
- VENTI made with whole milk & topped with whipped cream, 600 calories
If you opt for skim milk instead of whole milk you will reduce the calories slightly (-40 calories on the Venti).
A better way to cut calories on your frappuccino is to order it without whipped cream. On the Venti this will save you 120 calories.
So if you get the Venti Java Chip Fraccuccino without whipped cream and with skim milk it will come to 440 calories vs 600 calories. That’s a difference of 160 calories! To order it this way, ask for a java chip frappuccino light.
HOW MUCH PROTEIN IS IN A STARBUCKS JAVA CHIP BLENDED COFFEE?
Starbucks java chip frappuccino Protein:
- TALL made with whole milk & topped with whipped cream, 4g protein
- GRANDE made with whole milk & topped with whipped cream, 6g protein
- VENTI made with whole milk & topped with whipped cream, 8g protein
HOW MUCH DOES A JAVA CHIP FRAPPUCCINO COST?
Prices vary depending on locations, but typically you can expect to pay around
- $4.99 for a Tall Java Chip Frappuccino
- $5.49 for a Grande Java Chip Frappuccino
- $5.79 for a Venti Java Chip Frappuccino
Who’s ready to save money? Lets talk about how to make a java chip frappuccino at home.
If you loved this healthy java chip Frappuccino recipe, you’ll love this Java Protein Shake recipe.
Java Chip vs Mocha
A java chip frappuccino is a coffee based frap with dark chocolate “chips” whereas the mocha Frappuccino has a “mocha sauce” blended into the coffee.
Healthy Java Chip Frappuccino
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- 8 oz ice coffee of choice
- 1 serving Grass-fed whey protein
- Sweetener of choice I use stevia extract
- 3 tbsp Whipped Cream made from heavy whipping cream
- Cacao Nibs
- Make 8oz of coffee with K cup
- Add coffee and all remaining ingredients into a blender
- Blend until smooth
- Top with pre-made or store bought sugar free heavy whipping cream and cacao nibs.
Other coffees that I have been loving are FOUR SIGMATIC MUSHROOM COFFEE.
Don’t get freaked out! They don’t taste like mushrooms at all! These coffee’s just give you a little more pep in your step. They have different kinds, some for focus, others for energy, and they even have a hot chocolate.
If you try them you won’t be disappointed! Let me know in the comments if you try them and what you thought about them.
MY OTHER ON-THE-GO BREAKFASTS I LOVE
If you must absolutely have your Starbucks first, check out my favorite Keto Starbucks Drinks.
Ange @ Cowgirl Runs says
I really enjoy making fancy coffee drinks at home. There’s something so luxurious about enjoying it on my balcony that walking around with Starbucks doesn’t do.
Nicole @ Fitful Focus says
mmmmmm brilliant! Need this in my life.
Becki S says
I totally needed this today. Java chip at Starbucks is what I always want to get but I usually end up getting green tea, womp womp. I wish I had all the ingredients right now, perfect for a summer day.
Artney @ My Pretty Brown says
I love coffee drinsk…especially frappuccino’s! Looks so yummy!!!
[email protected] the Long Way Home says
Looks really yummy! I need to pin this one!
This looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing.
Kathryn @ Dancing to Running says
This looks like a great alternative to the calorie filled Starbucks drinks. If only I were a coffee drinker!
This looks amazing! Trying this recipe THIS WEEK! Thank you, Lara!
Coach Henness says
Temptingly delicious sounding recipe! I just normally have coffee and a boiled egg at breakfast. lol
Oh my friend, how did you know I was craving a java chip?! Like so so bad. I can’t wait to make this!!
Yummy! This looks SO good!
courtney @ eat pray run dc says
i don’t drink coffee but this still looks yummy!
GiselleR @ Diary of an ExSloth says
I LOVE java chip. It’s seriously my fav drink from Starbucks but I can never get it as often as I want it. Definitely gonna give this a try 😀
Thanks for sharing!
Looks absolutely delicious! I will need to try this.
GiGi Eats says
Oh you best believe this is happening in my kitchen in the morning! YEP!
jill conyers says
I’ve never tried making my own frapp. Looks easy enough. Your recipe looks like a great place to start.
As I”m sitting here in a billion degree humidity, I’m about ready to lick my screen. This sounds so tasty!