Guist Creek Marina & Campground is located in Shelbyville, KY, and is mere steps from the Kentucky Bourbon Trail! The Bulleit Distillery is right outside the campground entrance, making this the perfect place to stay if you're looking to do the Kentucky Bourbon trail!
Guist Creek Marina & Campground
This Shelby County, Kentucky, campground is spacious, and the operators were the nicest. It was a mix of permanent campers, people staying for a month or two, and people like us just for a few days.
You can't beat the location! The campground is on Guist Creek Lake, which is the county's largest lake and includes a boat ramp. We were told it's great fishing for largemouth bass!
This campground is perfect if you want to launch a boat, kayak, or paddleboard. Fishing was not allowed off the docks, though. The marina office has a supply shop where you can get snacks, live bait, tackle, gas, ice, etc.
It's right across the street from Bulleit Kentucky Whiskey, so it's perfect for whiskey lovers! If you've wanted to do the Bourbon Trail, check out this Guide to do the Kentucky Bourbon Trail in 2 Days.
The RV sites came with 50 AMP service electric hookups, water, fire rings, and picnic tables, and the dump station was super easy to get to. We got a pull-through space, and it was only $30 per night, and if you wanted to stay a month, it came to $15 per night. Our spot was #102, including a picnic table and fire pit.
The campground is very clean, and the staff in the office is super friendly!
Guist Creen Campground Amenities
- 30 and 50-amp electric hook-ups
- Dumping station
- Shower house
- Picnic tables
- Fire rings
- Primitive camping spaces
- Pull through RV sites
- Boat launching
- Boat rentals
- Kayak rentals
- Canoe rentals
The campground is open from March 1st through November for primitive and RV camping.
Book your campsite through the Guist Creek Marina & Campground website.
There were tons of pull-through spots and spaces where you needed to back into. There was also a playground for the kiddos.
Guist Creek campground was our first campsite with our new to us Cedar Creek fifth wheel. In the video below, we give you a little tour of the campground, our first attempt at setting up camp, our unboxing of the infamous Blackstone Griddle, plus we did some campground cooking tutorials.
Things to do near Guist Creek Lake
Guist Creek Lake offers visitors a range of recreational activities. Here are some things you can do near Guist Creek Lake:
- Fishing: Guist Creek Lake is known for its fishing opportunities. The lake has various fish species, including bass, crappie, catfish, and bluegill.
- Boating: The lake allows boating, including motorized boats and sailboats. You can bring your own boat or rent one from nearby marinas. Boating on the lake allows one to explore the scenic surroundings and enjoy water sports like water skiing or tubing.
- Hiking and Nature Trails: There are hiking and nature trails near Guist Creek Lake that provide opportunities for outdoor exploration. The trails offer scenic views of the lake, forests, and wildlife. You can enjoy a leisurely walk or engage in more challenging hikes depending on your preference.
- Picnicking and Recreation Areas: The lake has designated picnic areas to enjoy meals with family or friends. Some areas also offer playgrounds and recreational facilities for activities like volleyball or horseshoes.
- Wildlife Viewing: Guist Creek Lake and its surrounding areas are home to diverse wildlife. Birdwatchers can spot various bird species, including waterfowl and migratory birds. Watch for other wildlife, such as deer, foxes, and turtles.
- Nearby Attractions: If you want to explore beyond Guist Creek Lake, you can visit other attractions in the region. Nearby Shelbyville offers charming shops, restaurants, and historic sites. You can also visit the Bulleit Distilling Co., known for its bourbon production, or explore the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
Be sure to watch the video for a tour of Guist Creek Marina and Campground. If you like the video below, I'd love it if you could like and comment on the video. We appreciate the support!