Lighter Breakfast Quiche
- 1/2 small sweet onion
- 1 5 oz bag of baby spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup cooked turkey sausage
- 1 cup reduced fat cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Jalapeño pepper minced with or without seeds depending on how hot you want yours
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Pie crust
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Coarsely chop the spinach
- Dice onion
- Saute onion, garlic and Jalapeño pepper in coconut oil until softened. Add spinach to pan until slightly wilted.
- Mix eggs, milk, cheese, hot sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Layer spinach and onion mixture, egg mixture and then cooked turkey sausage into a frozen pair crust (can make homemade).
- Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Let stand for a few minutes before eating.
Literally quiches used to frighten me. I thought they were super intimidating to make and the only time I would eat them is when I went out for breakfast. But one day I felt super experimental in the kitchen and went for it.
Luckily, it was one of those experiments that went extremely right instead of becoming a catastrophic failure (trust me, I’ve had quite a few of these and I hate wasting food).