Soft, chewy, cookies with melt in your mouth dark chocolate morsels…do I have your attention yet? These Gluten Free Coconut Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies are just what your body desires. It doesn’t matter if you’re not Gluten intolerant or have a Gluten Allergy/Sensitivity, you can still enjoy theses delicious cookies.
You may have noticed my trend with gluten free baked goods, this is not because I believe in following a Gluten Free diet (I believe you should only follow a Gluten Free diet if it is medically necessary), but because another one of my friends was diagnosed with a wheat allergy.
It has been fun looking for recipes that I want to modify and make gluten free. I find something that I want to use as a base and then add ingredients here and remove some there, and these bad boys came out perfect! A lot of the time when I have bought gluten free products at a super markets they tend to be missing something. Whether the texture is wrong or they don’t taste the best, I don’t know but there is always something off about them, but not these cookies. These taste just like chewy oatmeal chocolate chips cookies with a hint of coconut!
You may ask me, why are you buying Gluten Free products if you are not Gluten Intolerant or have a Gluten Sensitivity? Well the answer is simple, I do not recommend products that I do not try and like myself. I hate wasting money, especially on food, so if I can save someone else money by recommending a better tasting product I will.
I usually by ingredients in bulk to save money. I'm so happy Sam's has been getting more organic products. I try to by organic whenever possible, if there is not too much of a price difference. Also other foods that are best to buy organic are those that you eat the skin (peaches, apples, grapes, tomatoes etc) and spinach and lettuces). I am lucky enough that my parents live close by and that I can grab some organic hydroponic lettuce, spinach, strawberries, tomatoes, beets, and chives whenever I run out (depending on whether or not they are in season).
Gluten Free Coconut Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup Truvia Brown Sugar Baking Blend
- ¼ cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oats not instant
- ¼ Cup Organic Coconut Flour
- ½ cup Organic Coconut Oil melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup Organic Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- In a medium bowl combine oats, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer combine eggs, oil, sugars, and vanilla extract.
- Next slowly add in dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- With a cookie scoop or two spoons (I have mastered this since I do not have a cookie scoop), spoon out dough onto lined cookie sheets about 1 ½ to 2 inches about.
- Freeze dough for 1.5 hours or refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours (this is so the coconut oil does not spread).
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove cookie sheets from freezer.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Recipe makes 2 dozen cookies.
- Let cool and enjoy!