THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE INFO.
Wow! It’s finally starting to feel like Winter down here in Florida! I finally unpacked from my girls weekend in New York City and now I feel as if I need to pull out my heavy jacket again. One thing that I love when the weather gets colder is a nice warm breakfast, but I grow tired of having oatmeal or oat bran all the time so today I decided to whip up something special! Let me present to you my Strawberry and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries with a Strawberry Dipping Sauce
Today I have some exciting news to share with you all! I’m currently over in Tampa, Florida with a bunch of AMAZING people from Sunday Supper learning and talking about all things…you guessed it, STRAWBERRIES!
Since this weekend is all about strawberries, I decided to share with you a strawberry inspired recipe! Nutritious and delicious locally grown Florida Strawberry are in season now so you should run to the store and pick some up to make my delicious Strawberry and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries 🙂
These Strawberry and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries aren’t just for breakfast as the name implies! They’re also a perfect snack to curb your sweet tooth or a great topping to any dessert! Also since I’m a dietitian I can’t very well talk about Florida Strawberries without giving you some nutrition facts about them.
- A 1-cup serving (8 strawberries) has less than 50 calories
- One serving has less than 3 teaspoons of sugar. It also has 3 grams worth of fiber to help mitigate any blood sugar spikes.
- Strawberries are a top contender for the antioxidant powerhouse of the year award. Rich with red pigment anthocyanins, strawberries can potentially help prevent cancer
- Folate and manganese are also found amply in strawberries. Manganese helps bones and folate is important for moms to be.
Want to learn more? Hop on over to Strawberry Sue’s website!
It’s so easy to add flavor and nutrition to your favorite dishes with Fresh from Florida Strawberries. For more Florida Strawberry Recipes visit StrawberrySue.com. You can also follow Strawberry Sue on Twitter and YouTube!
Remember how I said we would be learning all things strawberries this weekend? I know it’s easy to get distracted with all of the delicious photos I keep throwing around.
Well, to help us out we will be visiting The Florida Strawberry Growers Association, Mike Lott Farms (tour time yay!), pit stop for pizza at Olde Town Pizzeria, Astin Strawberry Exchange (tour time again!), Florida Strawberry Festival (yes please!), University of Florida Research and Education Center (Learning about their strawberry breeding program—yes that’s a thing!).
After a busy day of touring and learning we will take a quick bus ride to our gorgeous hotel, The Epicurean Hotel, but we’re not done for the night!
After a quick shower and change of clothes we will be heading to Cask Social Kitchen for a Florida Strawberry Dinner.
Day 2 of our journey across the great state of Florida starts with breakfast at our hotel. This day is consists of Chef demos, a mixology class (ummm yes please!), photography session and an Instagram session.
Between sessions we will have a lunch break where we’ll walk over to Ava for brunch and then around dark we are heading over to Edge Rooftop Bar at the Epicurean Hotel for a Florida Strawberry Cocktail.
At 7pm sharp be on the lookout for our LIVE #SundaySupper Twitter Party! Fun Fact: Did you know 8 medium strawberries equal your daily requirement of vitamin C?
As if it couldn’t get any better, we end our night at Bern’s Steakhouse in their Harry-Waugh Dessert Room. Ummm a restaurant with its own dessert room…sign me up! Not only do we get to enjoy a delicious Florida Strawberry Dessert, but we also get to have a tour of Bern’s Steakhouse Kitchen and Wine Cellar!
#SundaySupper Strawberry and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries with a Strawberry Dipping Sauce
- 1 package of crescent rolls 8 count
- 16 oz fresh Florida Strawberries
- 8 tablespoons fat free cream cheese or regular cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Powder Sugar
Pre-heat oven to 375F
Open crescent roll package and break apart individual rolls
Flatten out each roll
Slice 5-6 strawberries
Place 3-4 slices of strawberries on top of each crescent roll
Next place 1 Tablespoon of cream cheese on top of strawberries
Fold crescent rolls up and make sure they are sealed tight
Bake rolls for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
In a blender combine 5-6 strawberries and 1 tablespoon of honey. Blend until smooth
Pour dipping sauce into a bowl and enjoy!
Can’t get enough of Florida Strawberries?
Also Check out these AMAZING recipes from my fellow #SundaySupper bloggers
- Strawberry Bee’s Knees by Go Epicurista
- Strawberries with Balsamic Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Strawberry Hotteok (Fried Stuffed Pancake) by kimchi MOM
- Strawberry Salsa 2-Ways by Midlife Road Trip
- Strawberry and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries with a Strawberry Dipping Sauce by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by Momma’s Meals
- Sparkling Strawberry Salad by Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Steak Salad by Family Foodie
Strawberry Main Dishes
- Chicken Fajitas with Strawberry-Jalapeno Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Roasted Balsamic Strawberries and Brie Grilled Sandwich by Sunday Supper Movement
- Savory Balsamic Roasted Strawberry and Basil Grilled Cheese by Pass The Sushi
- Strawberry Bruschetta Chicken by The Dinner-Mom
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Cream Pie by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Fraisier by Love and Confections
- Strawberry Upside-Down Cheesecake by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.