Make your family this super easy keto low carb instant pot cheesecake. They won’t be able to taste the difference between this and the real thing!
Since going keto, I haven’t really had any sweets cravings, but since my bf isn’t keto he still craves sweets. Instead of buying a sugar laden cheesecake (his favorite dessert) I opted to make him a keto cheesecake in my Instant Pot, because it’s cooks in a fraction of the time and is oh so easy! This way we still get to share the same dessert and I get to stay in ketosis. Score!
It’s been a lot easier than I thought going keto while my bf still eats a bunch of starchy foods. He has made a lot of changes to his diet though.
He’s been eating a lot less carbs than he used to, switching from sugar to stevia or erythritol in his coffee, switching from regular pasta to black bean or chickpea pasta, eating the lower carb snacks I pack like nuts, hard-boiled eggs, eating salads at lunch with fish or other fattier organic or grass-fed meats.
Other Instant Pot Recipes you may like
I recently made these sausage ball puffs which we both loved, but agreed that they need a little more seasoning. I think the next time I make them I will add fennel and maybe garlic and onions to spice them up. I used this cute mini muffin pan to make the first batch so I reduced the time a little. I’ll definitely post the recipe on the blog when I make them again!
Keto Low carb instant pot cheesecake recipe
For this keto instant pot cheesecake, I needed a little help since before I had only made a high protein cheesecake recipe (not in the instant pot), back in my IIFYM days. I combined this recipe and this recipe and adjusted the crust and then added or removed ingredients depending on what I had on hand.
If you want a good laugh, look at that recipe and check out my photography and blogging skills! I think I used my cell phone and didn’t even have a recipe plugin!
Serves 1 slice
15 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 15 Total Time
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp granulated erythritol
- 16oz cream cheese (room temp)
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Eggs (room temp)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp powdered erythritol
- In a bowl combine all crust ingredients. Mixture should still be crumbly. Press mixture into a spring form or push pan . I lined the bottom and the sides.
- Mix together cream cheese, erythritol, vanilla extract, lemon juice & zest, and heavy cream in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer .
- One at a time add eggs to mixer and blend until until smooth (may still have a few lumps in it). Some other recipes I've read said that if you over mix it you will have a lumpy cheesecake, I didn't find this to happen when I turned my kitchenmaid on high and blended for a few. I wanted to get those lumps out hahaha.
- Transfer mixture into your lined cheesecake pan and loosely place foil on top. Some people say to put a paper towel on underneath the foil to help absorb moisture but there's almost always still moisture plus you're going to be adding a topping to it so I just skip that part.
- Place your trivet in you instant pot and then add 1 cup of water to instant pot.
- Now lower your cheesecake pan onto the trivet . I use these awesome stretchy bands, but if you don't have those you can make a sling from aluminum foil and gently lower it onto the trivet .
- Place the lid on the instant pot . Make sure the valve is set to sealed. Press "manual" for 34 minutes. You will let it come to pressure and then cook for 34 minutes. After it starts to beep, do 24 minutes "NPR" (natural pressure release).
- While the cheesecake is cooking, in a bowl mix all of the topping ingredients and set aside.
- After the cheesecake has done 24 minutes NPR, carefully release the valve (QPR) to let our any remaining pressure. Remove the lid once the pressure is released.
- Remove the cheesecake from the instant pot . Remove foil from pan, blot off any water from the top of the cheesecake.
- Spread topping onto the cheesecake (cheesecake should still be hot and wiggly in the center)
- Add foil (with or without paper towel) to cheesecake pan and place in fridge over night (or at least 6-8 hours)
Serves 10. Nutrition information per serving: 322kcals, 8g protein, 8g carbs, 3 g fiber, 5g net carbs, 30g fat
Since falling in love with a ketogenic diet I’ve had so many positive changes, two of the most noticeable are my mood/energy and weight loss (14# in 45 days!). I’ve had a bunch of people ask me what I’ve been doing but I get a little too science-y and I think I overwhelm them.
Would you be interested in learning more about a ketogenic diet? Maybe through an ebook or video course with handouts? Teaching you what is a ketogenic diet, what foods you can eat on a ketogenic diet, health benefits of a ketogenic diet, how ketogenic diets can prolong longevity etc?
If so let me know in the comments what exactly you’d like to learn about and then sign up here to my waitlist.
After I go through everyone’s comments, I’ll use this information to make my content 🙂
Happy hump day y’all and keto on!