People change…a lot. Some for better, some for worse. I wanted to share a little bit about myself so without further ado, here’s my story.
From over weight kid and teen, to under weight disordered eating cardio bunny in my early 20’s, to normal weight trying to find myself mid 20’s, to finally happy, lifting weights and loving life in my late 20’s. Are you exhausted yet?
My whole point to that crazy long run on sentence is to tell you that I’ve been on both sides of the spectrum and it’s hard no matter which side you are on. When I was over weight as a kid I got picked on all the time, made fun of for being fat, picked last for games and sports and it sucks. Just think about the emotional effects that has on a person. Let me tell you, you do not grow out of it easily. I still struggle with poor self esteem to this day, and I know it’s stupid, but it was just something that was imbedded in my head as a kid for so many years, it’s tough to forget.
But now, in this moment I can officially say I am happy-with myself, my career, my body, and my self-esteem. A huge thing that helped was surrounding myself with people who love me for who I am. I have an amazing support system of friends and family and a man who loves me and puts up with all of my quirks and insecurities.
Now a little more about the present me:
- I love to cook and try new recipes (hence this blog :P)
- I take too may selfies ^^^
- I’m a gym rat-heavy lifting is my favorite and sometimes I’ll throw in some HIIT cardio (high intensity interval training), yoga or a bike ride
- I’m a Foodie, I love to eat and try new foods
- Beach fanatic (I always wear sun screen, skin cancer no thank you!)
- Roller blader, ping pong player, and nerdy bowler at heart
- If I could I’d be a full time student. I absolutely loved school. Clarification I would like to be a full time college student. K-12 was a nightmare, see above if you need a refresher course.
- I still get to get my nerd on by going to CEU (continuing education) seminars for both by RD & LD/N and my CPT. Did I mention I’m a dietitian and personal trainer?
- I love chocolate!!! So much so I did my graduate seminar on the health benefits of dark chocolate. Not even kidding. It was the most horrifying day of my life to date.
- Did I mention ice cream and cookies are up there on my favorite foods too and I eat them daily. Not a joke. I created this blog to share my healthy recipes that have helped me get a better grip on life. Getting to eat sweets on a daily basis and not feel guilty or have to worry about gaining weight, does it sound too good to be true? Well it isn’t!
- With my knowledge of nutrition and metabolism I am able to adapt recipe into healthier options, allowing me to eat those foods previously referred to as “bad,” and by the way I hate calling foods good or bad foods because in my experience it creates disordered eating and fear of foods.
- I live by the motto, “everything in moderation.”
Now that I’ve bored you to death with the about me, go check out my blog for recipes and fun stuff! And If you do need help with nutritional advice email me @ Larasnutrition@gmail.com or if you have a food that you want to make healthier and post on my blog email me at email@example.com.