I’m starting a new theme for my Friday posts. The new theme will now be Fitness Friday. So with Christmas right round the corner, what better way to start Fitness Friday than by making a Gift Guide for Female Fitness Junkies. These are all items I already have as a Fitness Junkie, or items that I want *wink wink*.
First off, Nutrition is extremely important. I know many of you have heard the sayings You Can’t Out Train a Poor Diet or Abs are Made in the Gym and Revealed in the Kitchen. Being a Nutrition Expert I can vouch for both of these sayings. So first on my list is Gnarly Whey
- Pre-Workout, Post Workout, pancakes, protein bars, shakes, the list goes on for the many ways I use whey on a daily basis. Check out some of my recipes using Gnarly Whey: Blueberry Pecan Protein Bars, Strawberry Banana Protein Bars, Healthy Peanut Butter Cups, and High Protein Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes.
- Polar Heart Rate Monitor. I have the Black FT7 model, but if I could go back I would buy this pretty pink FT4 version. I use this 5 days a week during my weight training and HIIT sessions.
- A THICK yoga mat! Yes, you can skimp and get a cheap one but your body will thank you with this extra thick yoga mat.
- Weight lifting gloves. Not only fashionable but they will help protect your hands while weight lifting.
- Smart Shaker Bottle. I have 6 of these. My pre-work goes in the top, BCAAs in the middle compartment and post workout whey and glutamine goes in the bottom. No excuses to not to properly prepare and recover for your workout.
- These are brand new this year. Bluetooth OVER the ear wireless head phones. I currently have a knock off pair (ON the ear) that I got for about $40. They don’t always connect to my phone as a music player (and I know it’s not the phone because I have tried it with several phones and I still get the same result) so I end up bringing a spare pair of wired headphones and they are just a pain because the cord is always getting in my way and I have to have the phone on me instead of being able to set it down on the floor or on a bench.
- Arm band for you cell phone. On the occasional days that I do sprints outside, this armband is a must have!
- If you don’t want to wear a heart rate monitor while working out, but want something you can wear all day and night, check out the Fitbit Flex.
- This one is on my wish list. A super absorbent towel for the gym. Right now I am just using cute kitchen towels as my sweaty workout towels LOL.
- Cute workout bag that has a ton of compartments, yes please!
- Bright colored sneaker, I have 4 pairs (I love shoes). Neon colored sneakers make working out more fun!
- Cute workout tops with sayings! Sometimes my only motivation to go to the gym for the day is knowing that I will get to wear my comfy and cute workout shirt!
- Workout leggings, a must! It’s the hot new trend. Crazy patterned workout leggings are fun, bright and comfy. Perfect for running, yoga, and weight lifting!
- Bright colored sports bras—duh! (I was born in the late 80’s, I wish I grew up in the 80’s so I could enjoy all of the crazy leggings and leotards HAHA).
- Nike Pro shorts. They too come in awesome bright neon colors (black too for those non-neon loving girls out there).