THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE INFO.
Are you looking for a new post workout meal, or a healthy sweet snack? These Coconut Flour Pineapple Upside Down Protein Donuts have a sweet pineapple-ly taste, but are high in fiber and protein, which are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth craving and to supply your muscles and body with the protein that it needs to properly recover.
This recipe is a spin off from my Coconut Flour Pineapple Upside Down Crumb Cake. I had a little extra batter from my attempt at the bunt cakes, which I then divided and made some crumb cakes and the other I added protein powder to which I made the protein donuts with.
So basically I used an 1/8 of the batter to make my protein donuts. You can either cut the batter down to size to make 1 serving, make 8 servings of protein donuts, or you can go pineapple crazy like I did and make bunt cakes (6), crumbs cakes (4), and protein donuts (6). I chose the latter option because I’m a pineapple freak and love to have healthy snacking options on hand so I don’t go the cookie jar 🙂
You follow the same directions as in making the crumb cakes.
- Pour coconut oil into the Donut Pan
- Then sprinkle with Truvia Brown Sugar baking blend.
- Top with pineapple slices.
- Make batter
- Add 2 scoops of GNARLY Whey (Vicious Vanilla) to the batter. (Using an 1/8 of the batter, if using the entire recipe to make protein donuts add 16 scoops. You can store batter in the fridge in an air tight container and make more donuts on an as desired basis.)
- Pour batter over pineapple rings in donut molds. You will notice there is not much room in the donut molds so these cook a lot quicker than the crumb cakes
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350F
- Use the tooth pick trick to test if they are done. (Mine were golden brown on top when they were done)
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Invert on a plate or cooling rack.
- Enjoy 🙂
What is your favorite kind of Donut?
In the spirit of full disclosure, this post contains affiliate links, meaning that I may receive commissions if you decide to purchase anything from companiesI affiliate with. I only ever recommend products & systems that I use and love myself, and my affiliate companies do not monetarily influence anything I post about.